Acceptable mix accuracy for Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sometimes I have to ask the shop "How long have you been in business" and the answer is amazing. Once saw a new shop owner get rid of all their customers because they wanted to 'start fresh'. What's that slogan about how to make a million dollars owning a dive shop?????

Honestly I don't know how shops stay in business. I was up in cave country, on a whim I bought a couple of colored reg necklaces and the lady who owned the joint commented "I wish they were more expensive, because those things sell well" (paraphrased), and it made me think what do they sell in Cave Country? I know when I go on a trip, I typically try to arrive with everything I need including gas, and most of my purchases are impulse buys or replacing broken stuff. And most of these shops only have a minimal web presence, as such if I am buying stuff it is probably going to go through a shop like DGX. And since most of the stuff I am using is technical my local shops can't really help me much either.

plus minus 1% is decent I would accept 30.5% or 33.5% once in awhile.

These guys sound like they are making excuses why they consistently undermix though. O2 is cheaper than air and maybe they are trying to cut corners or fill too hot. Or their shop gauge has a bias at low pressures, most gauges are calibrated at the factory towards the midpoint. But maybe its old and not as precise as it needs to be <500psi (when putting in O2). If the pressure is low AND the fO2 is low they definitely need a remedial blending class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom