About trilam being lighter than neoprene drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I'm a total wimp when it comes to temperature. I had a compressed neoprene dry suit first, and I use the same undergarment (4th Element Halo 3D) as I do with my trilam one. For trilam, I do have some more layers.

One thing to remember, I'm a total wimp when it comes to temperature. So YMMV as compared to mine. I found the neoprene more restrictive overall (I felt like a Michelin Man). However, it did come at a cost.

I am looking at Fortress Clothing for a warm/thin top to wear with my undergarment and heated vest.

Again, I'm an outlier on the extreme end of cold tolerance. I should not be used as a guideline, but a data point. Those with similarly poor cold tolerance, you're not alone!
Heated undergarments in a neo suit while sitting in a jacuzzi. That's how I picture your cold tolerance

Heated undergarments in a neo suit while sitting in a jacuzzi. That's how I picture your cold tolerance
BRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🥶

Well, I'm a total wimp when it comes to temperature. I had a compressed neoprene dry suit first, and I use the same undergarment (4th Element Halo 3D) as I do with my trilam one. For trilam, I do have some more layers.

One thing to remember, I'm a total wimp when it comes to temperature. So YMMV as compared to mine. I found the neoprene more restrictive overall (I felt like a Michelin Man). However, it did come at a cost.

I am looking at Fortress Clothing for a warm/thin top to wear with my undergarment and heated vest.

Again, I'm an outlier on the extreme end of cold tolerance. I should not be used as a guideline, but a data point. Those with similarly poor cold tolerance, you're not alone!
Am awaiting the arrival of my new thick and heated undersuit. Costing me 50% more than my first drysuit — which came with an undersuit and hood.

Thankfully I’ve a couple of batteries so don’t need to fork out another $$$$.

Long deep diving costs a fortune.

Am awaiting the arrival of my new thick and heated undersuit. Costing me 50% more than my first drysuit — which came with an undersuit and hood.

Thankfully I’ve a couple of batteries so don’t need to fork out another $$$$.

Long deep diving costs a fortune.
And to me, the Mediterranean Sea at depth is quite cold. I have a dive in mind where the targets start at 100 meters approximately.

That's going to be a lot of deco.

And to me, the Mediterranean Sea at depth is quite cold. I have a dive in mind where the targets start at 100 meters approximately.

That's going to be a lot of deco.
For deep dives, you've minutes on the bottom and several hours at deco with half of that at 6m/20ft, which should be much warmer.

For deep dives, you've minutes on the bottom and several hours at deco with half of that at 6m/20ft, which should be much warmer.
That is warmer, but at 30 meters, its 60 F. That's cold (for me)

Rough 100m/330ft profile (20min bottom time, depth in metres):

1674380228937.png

You can have that particular unstylish style of diving all to yourself Wibble

then, if their neoprene is less compressed than stressed, a lighter it will be

Back
Top Bottom