A570IS or Reefmaster mini SL320?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod----nice tee-shirt....'cept get rid of toonces...lol...

?

That is my wife, I don't wear pretty bracelets and she is the LSU fan more than me. I don't care so much about foose ball.

N

?

That is my wife, I don't wear pretty bracelets and she is the LSU fan more than me. I don't care so much about foose ball.

N

well she must be a great person......take care & GEAUX TIGERS......

I've bought the canon A570IS a year ago more or less. I'm very happy with it.
I've also bought the Canon WP DC-12 housing. I bought it in Amazon at a special price. Only 147,60 + free US shipping compared with the list price of 240.
The Ikelite housing I could find no special offer, and the list price was 270.
Ikelite housing seems to be harder than the Canon one, Canon housing is rated only to 40 mts while Ike is rated to 60 mts. Ike housing is bigger and heavier than Canon.
There are some post related to Ikelite push-buttons misalligment to camera buttons. I remember that Ike people offered a review under warranty.
One point to consider with the Canon camera is that the battery consumption is not good. If you use the internal strobe (flash) the battery dies soon. It's important, however, to fully discharge NimH batteries every time before recharge.

I've bought the canon A570IS a year ago more or less. I'm very happy with it.
I've also bought the Canon WP DC-12 housing. I bought it in Amazon at a special price. Only 147,60 + free US shipping compared with the list price of 240.
The Ikelite housing I could find no special offer, and the list price was 270.
Ikelite housing seems to be harder than the Canon one, Canon housing is rated only to 40 mts while Ike is rated to 60 mts. Ike housing is bigger and heavier than Canon.
There are some post related to Ikelite push-buttons misalligment to camera buttons. I remember that Ike people offered a review under warranty.
One point to consider with the Canon camera is that the battery consumption is not good. If you use the internal strobe (flash) the battery dies soon. It's important, however, to fully discharge NimH batteries every time before recharge.

My experience with the batteries after almost a hundred dives with the A570 is a pair of rechargeable ones last for more than 2 dives...all you need is 4 & keep 2 recharged & change out after ever 2 dives...works out very nicely......

Using an external strobe, turn the camera's internal strobe to 1/3 power. Use either the Sanyo eneelopp or Duracell "Pre-charged" batteries, work fine, shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot, no problem.

I usually also leave the camera's strobe on auto so that it fires when it needs it and does not when not. If I want forced strobe, I turn that on but still leave the internal camera strobe at 1/3 power, forced.

Your battery problems will go away, recycle will speed up.

Not entirely true on the NIMh batteries, they do not need to be fully cycled like NiCds do.

N

Inon has good options to block the flash when using the external strobe. You can use the black tape where something something sensor goes through and detects the light and instead of using the flash diffuser that is on the lens mount, you can get the black cover and screw it on. Thats how I used it when I was using Canon's OEM housing. That is until I moved to the Ikelite housing. If you want to get it cheap, buy it from scubatoys and make 10 post for $10 off, or make 250 post and get $50 off. Thats how I got mine.

That "film" is easily duplicated by using a piece of exposed slide (color positive) film. The strobe, at least the Inon strobes, only need the IR light to trigger.

N

I need some help. I have a canon A570 w/DC12 housing, I would like to purchase UFL-165AD lens and the Inon AD Mount Base for the DC-12. IF my A570 stops working in will I be able to use the UFL-165AD lens with the other underwater housings from Canon.

I need some help. I have a canon A570 w/DC12 housing, I would like to purchase UFL-165AD lens and the Inon AD Mount Base for the DC-12. IF my A570 stops working in will I be able to use the UFL-165AD lens with the other underwater housings from Canon.

Maybe yes and maybe no, depends on the housing. The G10 housing for example has a huge port with a square interface, no, that will not work. There are several factors beyond port shape involved, generally speaking small zoom ratio cameras in round port housings can be adapted. You want guarantees, there are none, take care of the 570, get a spare.

N

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom