A repository of 3D print STL sources

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems like a simple enough design to re-create. I might just do that, and make it a little beefier. Would hate for something like that to burst from the rush of air through it.
Even though I don't have DIN tanks, I had the same idea.... it's an illness!

Working on 2 improved, new remixes. First is my favorite diving reel with a thicker body and beefier handle. I managed to lose the first one. Second is a very small GoPro trigger grip. Something I can tuck in my butt pouch and have as a backup camera.

Being retired is helpful - been wanting to do these for a while.

Seems like a simple enough design to re-create. I might just do that, and make it a little beefier. Would hate for something like that to burst from the rush of air through it.
It's hollow straight through. I've turned the tank on full and it allows all the air it wants right out the front. It's a different design than the commercially sold one with all the holes. I wouldn't empty a tank with the valve all the way on though, maybe 1/2 turn open?

Just had a look at all the mixing stick designs. Why not print a helicoid?

The polycarbonate tube in the 1st photo has an outer diameter of 50mm and inner diameter of 46mm.
Half a turn is 46mm in height, which prevents printing-in-the-air.
Print clockwise and counterclockwise helicoids, and you have the best mix combined with least resistance.

View attachment 699854View attachment 699855View attachment 699856
I mean, you could, but I have a smaller ~ 6.5cfm compressor and a 2" inlet @ 24" long. More than enough airflow for what I'm doing. I think at one time everyone was using wiffle balls:)

It's hollow straight through. I've turned the tank on full and it allows all the air it wants right out the front. It's a different design than the commercially sold one with all the holes. I wouldn't empty a tank with the valve all the way on though, maybe 1/2 turn open?

Looks almost like the design is based on a gun silencer. Which needs the hole for the bullet to travel through. Might not be needed for our use. I'm gonna prototype some designs and see if that center hole can be removed, or maybe just shrunk down to for more of the air to use the baffles.

Looks almost like the design is based on a gun silencer. Which needs the hole for the bullet to travel through. Might not be needed for our use. I'm gonna prototype some designs and see if that center hole can be removed, or maybe just shrunk down to for more of the air to use the baffles.

Idk... I don't believe any kind of back pressure would be good. It's just a plastic silencer, wouldn't want it to become shrapnel. Maybe make it a little smaller or more baffles, but it works well as is.

I sent a quick design to Rob for testing (I don't have any DIN tanks)... are you interested in it too?

I sent a quick design to Rob for testing (I don't have any DIN tanks)... are you interested in it too?
I would love it too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom