A repository of 3D print STL sources

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm printing Rod's model right now. Once it's done, I'll print James'.

I have some ideas that might improve it, but I need to sit on my couch and model it while I watch some TV. Couldn't do that while I was technically "At Work"

But printing out all the models let's me see which one is better.

I printed @James79 version last night. Here's a picture for comparison to the one I linked before. Later today I'll get 2 tanks lined up and make a video to compare noise. I don't have the commercially available one to compare, but if you're in this forum you're probably cheap and not looking to spend that much money anyway😜

Edit: @James79 is the one on the left

20220111_070943.jpg

I printed @James79you're probably cheap and not looking to spend that much money anyway😜
Lol, not counting the $$$$ it costs for a 3D printer right? =)

Here's a design I'm toying with. Similar principle, but I'm forcing the center hole smaller and smaller as the air moves through the chambers (Baffle holes increase in size). And I added some structure to the DIN portion to try and slow down the air release a little and prevent the body from handling too much pressure all at once.
Silencer_protojpg.jpg

Also a point to consider. I tried out one of the designs already and noticed it got very cold. Cold plastic may make it more brittle, so caution is definitly advisable. I would definitly test this outside and away from people/animals until a few runs have gone through it.

Attachments

• Silencer_protojpg.jpg
    Silencer_protojpg.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 57
Lol, not counting the $$$$ it costs for a 3D printer right? =)
Lol... 3D printing is the only hobby I've ever had that I've broke even with. Mine was $190 back in Jan of 2019. I've seen the same model listed @ Microcenter during their sales for $100 with coupon.

Edit: Cool design!

Lol... 3D printing is the only hobby I've ever had that I've broke even with. Mine was $190 back in Jan of 2019. I've seen the same model listed @ Microcenter during their sales for $100 with coupon.

Edit: Cool design!
Thanks, still making some tweaks to it before I print the first one.

But yeah, I've seen Enders at Microcenter go for really cheap. I'm running a Prusa MK3 that has loads of upgrades (BMG Geared extruder, BEAR frame upgrade, Moons Stepper motors). I also have an MMU2S (Multi-Material changer), but I got that for free. Never got around to installing it though. So I'm a bit over $1k on my setup.

Now I'm eyeing the new Prusa XL, but with 5 toolheads, it costs $3.5k. But damn it's a fine looking machine.

Thanks, still making some tweaks to it before I print the first one.

But yeah, I've seen Enders at Microcenter go for really cheap. I'm running a Prusa MK3 that has loads of upgrades (BMG Geared extruder, BEAR frame upgrade, Moons Stepper motors). I also have an MMU2S (Multi-Material changer), but I got that for free. Never got around to installing it though. So I'm a bit over $1k on my setup.

Now I'm eyeing the new Prusa XL, but with 5 toolheads, it costs $3.5k. But damn it's a fine looking machine.
I looked at Prusa, almost pulled the trigger. After looking at prints I just couldn't find that the Prusa did 5x as good @ 5x the price. (It does without a doubt do better). Honestly, I'm still amazed at what my little Ender 3 can do. It might not be as good, but it's ~ 85% or more as good. I couldn't be happier.

I looked at Prusa, almost pulled the trigger. After looking at prints I just couldn't find that the Prusa did 5x as good @ 5x the price. (It does without a doubt do better). Honestly, I'm still amazed at what my little Ender 3 can do. It might not be as good, but it's ~ 85% or more as good. I couldn't be happier.
I ended up with the Ender 5 plus, when I lived stateside it was running constantly. I'm almost set up in my work room to get started printing again. Funny thing, since I was putting everything in a container to ship to the island, which according to the law I had to empty all my tanks and supposedly remove the valves. Although I did empty them, I didn't remove the valves and they never checked. I bought the stl for the muffler so emptying them wasn't a problem. Plus I made some extras for friends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom