A Really Smelly Neoprene Suit ~ help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turn it inside out and put it in the sun for 3 hours, once it’s completely warm start at the feet and roll it as tight as you can, secure it rolled up with something like duct tape...

Toss it in the trash and buy a new one and before using the new one always drink plenty of water and pee a more dilute urine.

With the new one rinse and dry inside out and maybe try the shampoo every so often.

Turn it inside out and put it in the sun for 3 hours, once it’s completely warm start at the feet and roll it as tight as you can, secure it rolled up with something like duct tape...

Toss it in the trash and buy a new one and before using the new one always drink plenty of water and pee a more dilute urine.

With the new one rinse and dry inside out and maybe try the shampoo every so often.
that works well when there's money to piss away.

wash it in a product called ODO BAN or ODER ban. It kills teh micros that cause the stink. spray it on carpet where teh pets piss wash bedding of old people that can not control themselves in it. Ill post a bottle label if someone wants me to. it comes in scents also.

I would take a reasonably firm hand brush, turn the suit inside out, wet it, apply a bit of liquid Tide (or similar) laundry detergent and then gently scrub the entire interior surface of the suit, with special emphasis on the lower portion. Let it soak over night in soapy water.

Rinse super well, and allow to dry inside out in the sun. This should cost little and I think it will be pretty effective.

It's not a pee pee poo poo smell. I think the previous owner left some starfish in the pockets. Thanks for the tips!

Use gasoline and matches, get a new suit and drink more water.
A lot more.

20200609_003529[1].jpg

no matter what the smell is it is probably the result of bacteria. kill the micro's and it will be gone. Ive used this stuff for years. even as a replacement for such products such as glade air freshener.

Have you tried Dettol?

Have you tried Dettol?

Haven't heard of Dettol in ages! I can still remember the smell of the stuff! I've got some extra Neoprene material; with all the advice I've been given, I should do some experimenting. Not sure if I can burn Neoprene though! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom