A new religion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In a little bit more seriousness, the DIR guys are made fun of for a few reasons. They feel that through a great deal of collective and personal experience they have the "best" diving system all lined up, they are an overwhelming minority, the name implies that YOU are doing it wrong, they are often dismissive of teaching agencies other than GUE, etc.

The mindset and opinions put them not only in the minority but in almost direct opposition to the rest of the dive industry. Therefore they are picked on and attacked in every possible way.

pants!:
In a little bit more seriousness, the DIR guys are made fun of for a few reasons. They feel that through a great deal of collective and personal experience they have the "best" diving system all lined up, they are an overwhelming minority, the name implies that YOU are doing it wrong, they are often dismissive of teaching agencies other than GUE, etc.

The mindset and opinions put them not only in the minority but in almost direct opposition to the rest of the dive industry. Therefore they are picked on and attacked in every possible way.
I think they're kinda cute. :lilbunny:
Mostly boyz and wearing all black.....too sexy. :crafty:

Is there a minimal PO2, nitrogen load, depth or time that must be attained to have appropriately observed a holy day? And what are the holy days? Every Saturday and Sunday are holy days of obligation? And what of Summer Solstice and Winter Solstice?

pennypue:
I think they're kinda cute. :lilbunny:
Mostly boyz and wearing all black.....too sexy. :crafty:

Black rubber and latex even. You can't go wrong with that! Except on boys, that implies the kind that you probably wouldn't be interested in (unless you needed some interior decorating done)

pennypue:
Is there a minimal PO2, nitrogen load, depth or time that must be attained to have appropriately observed a holy day? And what are the holy days? Every Saturday and Sunday are holy days of obligation? And what of Summer Solstice and Winter Solstice?

Good questions! I think any day can be a holy day, but especially Saturday and Sunday, those being the normal operating times of the facilitators (dive boat operators) who run trips to the "church". But, I think even if you cannot achieve an elevated pN2 you need to read your good bok, look at your photos and remember the last time you communed.

pants!:

Thanks for the clarification, Captain Stereotype. I thought this thread was about the scubatarians, not DIR generalizations.

Mike

Mike Loyco:
Thanks for the clarification, Captain Stereotype. I thought this thread was about the scubatarians, not DIR generalizations.

Mike
I was responding to post #74.

Now Brother Mike, All paths will have their stones. Breath deeply and remember enlightenment is but a stones throw away. :D

and DIR black is cute. The little bungee necklaces are kind of hot too.

Ah, yes. Thanks for re-centering my focus, Paula, with your Zen attitude :) Let's shift the direction of this thread back to the religion of scuba. Ommmmmmm

If I am without my good SSI book is it ok for me to read any other dive books?

I want to know so when I die I am not forced to spend eternity watching good scubatarians practice the religion.

John

Mrs.Prages:
The little bungee necklaces are kind of hot too.
reckon they could be made with those shells on them? non-dir, but also hot...and that could show homage to the scuba gods. mike, there are many paths. om mani padmi hrung...

oooh, I think it needs to be like the one Mathew Mcconaughey (Spelling?) wore in Sahara - well shoot just forget the necklace. I just want to see him. :) Can that be part of my daily worship?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom