A little FYI...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firegoddess

Reaction score
Just so everyone knows for future reference...

the perch-ana don't appear to like frozen dinners...

:D

I am sorry that you did not get you card this weekend you Hottie!!!! I say we go shopping for a nice 7mm wetsuit or maybe a semi dry suit. What do you think about that

[I say we go shopping for a nice 7mm wetsuit or maybe a semi dry suit. What do you think about that[/QUOTE]

Think about only wearing it 3 months out of the year, the rest of the time you sweat like a pig. Besides what's a $1000 only money. I found it out last year wearing a farm john at CSSP.

See, I had to wear a 3m in the 80 degree pool at Scubatoys, though. I have no natural insulation to keep me warm...

That's why I have a really big boyfriend...I use HIS body heat!
:wink:

FYI, the pool at ScubaToys is 90-93 degrees.

You should be fine in a 7 mil farmer john. That would give you 14 mm on the core.

Doubling up Henderson 3mm just won't cut it. Once you dive a nice 7mm or a 7mm Farmer John you'll know what I mean.

About a 2 months ago when the Water Temp was about 59 and the air temp was still in the low 60's, I thought I had a great idea.

I'd wear my 7mm on Dive 1, but rather than getting back into that freezing wet wetsuit. I'd instead put on my 2 3 mils, since they were dry, and how much of a difference could there be between a 7 mil and a "6 mil". Well, I found out real quick. Doesn't even compare. I almost called dive.

But then again, there is nothing on this earth that would convice my wife to ever step foot in water below 75 degrees ever again. The hope diamond could be resting in the shallow right off the dock, and she'd say "Nah, not worth it."

Some people just don't do cold.

Sorry, I don't even do warm...I like it hot. Luke says I don't take a bubble bath, I just boil myself clean.

:redhot:

I dive 7mm year round at CSSP, and I'm quite comfortable. I could probably get by with less, but I'm used to the 7mm and it's comfortable enough, so why change? If it's really cold I can put a 7mm hooded shorty over it to give me the 14mm core, but I really don't like it that cold anyway. Get a good 7mm one piece and I'll bet you're fine.

Firefyter:
I dive 7mm year round at CSSP, and I'm quite comfortable. I could probably get by with less, but I'm used to the 7mm and it's comfortable enough, so why change? If it's really cold I can put a 7mm hooded shorty over it to give me the 14mm core, but I really don't like it that cold anyway. Get a good 7mm one piece and I'll bet you're fine.

I say I just do my open water checkout on the sun...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom