A few shots from Cayman Brac...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O'Malley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I just returned from Cayman Brac this weekend and I am ecstatic to report, my twice-serviced strobe worked flawlessly...wish I could say the same for my technique. Nontheless, I have a few that I am initially pleased with. All my shooting was done with an Nikkor 18-55 lens but the whole week I was cursing myself for not picking up the 60mm macro for all the small critters.

This was my first time shooting RAW and WOW, the post-processing features (I'm using Capture NX) are amazing but rather time consuming. What I am really struggling with is just how much to edit while not overly processing the "moment" captured in the original. Anyone else struggle with this?

Scorpion_Fish_PS.jpg

Grouper_PS.jpg

Juv_Drum_Fish_PS.jpg

Hawksbill_Turtle_PS.jpg

Thanks...

Although I'm impressed with the versatility shooting RAW offers, first impressions with post-processing is the noticeable reduction in image quality when saved from NEFF to JPEG...however, it may help if I acutally read the manual!

O'Malley:
Although I'm impressed with the versatility shooting RAW offers, first impressions with post-processing is the noticeable reduction in image quality when saved from NEFF to JPEG...however, it may help if I acutally read the manual!

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

There will be some reduction, but not much. Manuals just get in the way of good experimentation! :D

After you've been post-processing for a little while, you'll learn what things you need to change and what doesn't really make a difference. And then your shooting will get better so you have to process less. It just takes practice. You'll get it.

Back
Top Bottom