Mirrorless lens for Cayman Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

js1221

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Headed to Cayman Brac at the end of June. Due to the weight restrictions on the Cayman Air Saab aircraft I am trying to limit the amount of camera gear I actually bring. I will be using my Olympus E-PL10. I've never been to the Caymans before so should I take gear for general purpose shots, wide angle, macro? I'd like to limit myself to two lens and one, or two ports. I currently have the following lenses, with the appropriate ports;

1. Panasonic 8mm
2. Oly 60mm macro
3. Oly 30mm macro
4. Oly 14-42
5 Oly 9-18
6. Oly 12-50

Thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

I don't shoot mirrorless, but I assume the lenses are similar to dslr lenses in general. My pick going to Brac from those would be the 60mm macro and either the 8mm or the 9-18mm. Do keep in mind that the overweight fee is only $.50 per pound that you are over for the Saab flight from GCM to Brac. They don’t charge a flat rate of $25 or $50 like most carriers for being 1-2 pounds over. And the enforcement of the overage fees varies widely from day to day.

Back
Top Bottom