A dispute at Glenn's Aquarius

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Working on a weekend. You probably wasted $30 of the owner and employees time arguing about this. So they really didnt make anything at all if it makes you feel better!

Did you put this on a credit card? Dispute it with the card company and the shop owner can spend even more time dealing with credit card company!

Just for clarification, for someone who only goes to Monterey occasionally -- Are there TWO Aquarius dive shops in Monterey? We got fills at one when I was there before, and I'm wondering if it's the same establishment under discussion.

Glenn's Aquarius II is on the breakwater (right on the pier).

Aquarius (1 I guess) is on Del Monte Ave, close to the Navy Postgraduate School (you can't see the water from there).

Just for clarification, for someone who only goes to Monterey occasionally -- Are there TWO Aquarius dive shops in Monterey? We got fills at one when I was there before, and I'm wondering if it's the same establishment under discussion.

Yes there are two, one called Aqaurias Dive Shop on Del Monte and one called Glenns Aqaurias II Dive Shop at the Breakwater. The one referred to in this thread is Glenns at Breakwater.

Does anyone know if there is any relation between the two other then the name?

From how I understand the LDS History in Monterey, both at one point in time were owned by the same individual. At some point that individual sold the shops to two other parties. As far as who got to be #1 and who got to be #2 I do not know that answer... :wink:

From how I understand the LDS History in Monterey, both at one point in time were owned by the same individual. At some point that individual sold the shops to two other parties. As far as who got to be #1 and who got to be #2 I do not know that answer... :wink:

Aquarius on Del Monte came first. It was originally (at least in my history, ca. 1986) in what
is now Dodi Motors a couple of blocks closer to Hwy 1. In the building behind it was a
pretty rough Harley-Davidson shop, which had "NO DIVERS" signs (diver with a red
circle/slash over it). Eventually they moved to the current Del Monte building, and a
while after that opened the shop on the breakwater. Eventually, the two shops ended
up in separate hands.

In the building behind it was a
pretty rough Harley-Davidson shop, which had "NO DIVERS" signs (diver with a red
circle/slash over it).
Well that's right in line with the "No Parking for Divers" signs near the aquarium... :shrug:

My buddy had a pseudo bad experience at Aquarius 2. He asked if they rented anything bigger than 80s and they said not a single shop in monterey does. So he rented a few. Meanwhile, i was down the street at MBDC when he met me there and I pointed out that they rented 100s. So... he rented 100s and got mad that they lied to him. Of course, they may just not have been aware but since the other dive shop is walking distance, that's a little hard to believe but not completely.

Anyways, If you had a computer with you on the dive, wouldn't the history mark air pressure at the end of the dive? At least you can argue that the tank wasn't IN the water when/if it dropped below 300.

Anyways, If you had a computer with you on the dive, wouldn't the history mark air pressure at the end of the dive? At least you can argue that the tank wasn't IN the water when/if it dropped below 300.

IF it was an air-integrated computer, and software is available to read it out.

IMHO, if a tank will give a decent noisy blast when returned, the tank is OK, though you
may be wishing to reevaluate your dive planning skills.

100 PSI = 220'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom