A dispute at Glenn's Aquarius

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me get this straight. A customer comes in and wants to spend money in your shop. The staff does what they can to make sure the customers have a bad experience. It's not the first time the staff has done this....they have a reputation for not being the most customer friendly people around. In what other customer service industry are customers supposed to understand that the owners are really good people, they just treat their customers poorly from time to time?

There was nothing wrong with the tank, no harm done. A gentle light-hearted heads up gets a much better response than a scolding....and anyone who tries to make a living helping people have fun should understand that.

You want respect? Start by not getting upset about something that didn't do a bit of harm to your tank.

I really don't understand the strange world that dive shops expect their customers to live in.

Rich

Have them mail the air to you and do it yourself. It's not rocket science!

Obviously reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. I hope you paid attention is scuba class.

Obviously you have too little training and experience to be pontificating here about subjects you know nothing about.

Leave the visual inspections to those of us with certification.

And obviously, grammar isn't your strong suit, either.

Jim, I wasn't commenting on Glenn personally, but on the strict policy of charging for VIPing tanks returned with low pressure, of which now seems quickly becoming an industry standard. Much like airlines charging for first and second checked bags. It wouldn't surprise me if the vast majority of these tanks were merely moved to the fill station without receiving a VIP.

I personally like Glenn, he loaned us an O2 kit when we thought a buddy was bent.

As someone who admits to not being aware of the VIP procedures you should probably take Grandma's advice.
dannobee's reply to your post was accurate. A tank with 300psi could not get water in it unless the diver was at 20 ata which equates to over 600ft (in which case water is the least of his worries).
Water in a tank post dive at worst requires a rinse and a dry out. A hydro and tumbling on that tank is ridiculous.
Since you wish to become a dive shop owner you may want to learn about these things.

I'm sorry I don't recall disputing his statement about that. I merely pointed out that he failed to comprehend what I had said and stated that I implied something I did not. I don't think it's too much to ask that if someone is going to use what you say against you, that they at least be accurate in what you said.

Obviously you have too little training and experience to be pontificating here about subjects you know nothing about.

Jim, I wasn't commenting on Glenn personally, but on the strict policy of charging for VIPing tanks returned with low pressure, of which now seems quickly becoming an industry standard. Much like airlines charging for first and second checked bags. It wouldn't surprise me if the vast majority of these tanks were merely moved to the fill station without receiving a VIP.

I personally like Glenn, he loaned us an O2 kit when we thought a buddy was bent.

While yes, grammar may not be my strong suit; you've managed to establish that pontificating certainly is yours!

I guess you work at my LDS now and know our procedures better then I. Touche', well cheers to that and may all of SB be obsequious to your godliness. Quite frankly, I'm over you and your "I'm better then all of you and I clearly know more then al of you mere mortals" attitude. Thank god the Pacific is big enough for all of us and your ego!

While I cannot provide information on whether less than 300psi is actually harmful or not, I would like to add my two-cents about Glenn and his shop. It has been my experience that while Glenn may be opinionated and he certainly can argue like a lawyer he is also a kind person. My experiences with him as a customer have always gone well. He has given me fantastic deals on equipment, rentals and air fills. In fact just yesterday he fixed two pieces of gear and gave me a battery for my computer. Didn't charge me a thing. And No lecture.

Glenn is he kind of person that will treat you well as long as you are treating him (or his gear) well. If not, then he is going to stand up for himself, his shop or his gear. If I had rented Glenn's tanks and then brought them back in close to or less than 300psi, I would offer an apology or at least a heads up. Then, I think Glenn might recognize that his gear was being treated with respect. I also know that Glenn is the kind of guy who can apologize if he is wrong and who can look at his part in a situation...if he is wrong, he'll own it. If not, he is not the kind of guy to sit around hoping people will like him. He is honest and helpful and if you give him a chance and treat him with respect he would give you the shirt off his back.

That is my two-cents about Glenn. I was pretty sad to read that some people won't go into his shop based on other people's word of mouth. I recommend getting to know these guys before making assumptions.

I'd have to agree with Jim on the points you make ScubaAddiction. You said it perfectly! Glen is Glen. And those of us that ACTUALLY KNOW HIM or even kind-of-know-him, and have dealt w/ him know he is more than fair and always looking out for his customers needs and wants. He is not some bank account shark looking for any scraps he can steal or con out of you. (which in MY PERSONALL EXPERIENCE AND OPINION is more than I can say for MBDC)

The only bad thing I can TRY REAL HARD TO THINK OF to say about Glen is that I remember being in school and having candy and the teacher would always put me on the spot and call me out like this "did you bring enough to share w/ the class"? Sooooo Hey Glen WHERE'S MY COMPUTER BATTERY BUD!?!? :rofl3::mooner::rofl3:

Oh I am sorry Dan..

I guess I put the majority of the post's together and got the wrong Idea, I thought you and Glen where friends.

My mistake buddy.

Well you better understand it buddy!

How are you going to get your tanks filled on the internet when all the professional LDS's have gone out of business ? :D
Easy.. Ill just go to the out of buisness LDS and buy the compressor :p

So there are a lot of replies, but ill just throw this out there...

Something I have noticed is that NO two pressure gauges are ever the same. I would imagine that the gauge's that tested these tanks were all different. I also would guess that many are not calibrated. I would have to assume that the most accurate would not be the one on the fill station.

This being said, I have personally had a very bad experience at this shop, and no longer go there as a result. Your mileage may vary but that's about all I have to say about that.

Back
Top Bottom