9th Annual Lake Travis Underwater Cleanup - Sept 21st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, I will be the guy that is wearing the Green Phsycodelic (spelling?) Swirl Speedo, with a Texas dive sticker stuck to my chest........ I know I will stand out this way, but the problem is I dont think that anyone will want to admit they know me. :)

I am sure we will come up with something, I am not an "official" member yet , so I am looking forward to diving with ya'll.

Rick

ps. just kidding about the attire.

Well since everyone will be diving different locations -based on what dive shop you sign up with, we'll be looking for everyone at Carlos & Charlies during the food & fun ...... maybe we need to all write "TSDT" on our shirts, or arms or whatever!! (This is where someone needs to come up with a temporary tatoo of the logo - that would be a riot!!)

Of course after seeing Rick's planned attire - I'd be afraid where his tattoo would end up!!:eek:

Dee

the iron you mentioned i could do that with the photo printer i have and the inks used are very high quality and resistant to fading

as for speaking of patches and other items just let me know what you all would like because i have contacts with patch companies and a shirt embriodery company(who which will cut me a great deal and would most likely be willing to do them in small qty (1 to 2 at a time) and you could even choose the shirt type/color/style

Dan

Could you use an Iron-on on a dark t-shirt? You know, if the design had some white on it, would it look white on the dark shirt?

I think the denim front button shirts look good with an embroideried logo over the pocket looks good. Or in our case just the Texas Swamp Diving Team in a cool looking font. Or we could start out own version of Bikers Colors.....our logo embroideried on the back of a denim jacket.

dee could you give me a color to try it on and i will do so, either on a test piece of material or shirt.

The denim button-up shirt sounds good ...... I have one from work that gets worn as a shirt or as a jacket sometimes. Denim jackets tend to be too heavy to wear much of the year around here. (And I have too many t-shirts already!!)

I still like the idea of a patch cause then you can sew it onto whatever you want ... shirt, jacket, BCD, gear bag, etc. And the logo could be kind of cool as a patch ........ just my 2 cents!!

I agree, Kat. My club denim shirt gets worn as an overshirt more than anything. And the jacket would most likely hang in the closet but there are some folks who wear jackets alot.

Our logo is so detailed, I think it would take a pretty good sized patch to do it justice. Bigger than your typical 3-4" round patch. But that's my opinion....and that's not my specialty!

Tooth...just try any dark t-shirt, navy blue, black, dark green, maroon, etc. Someone was telling me today they there is an iron- on for dark colors but I didn't have time to look into it. Don't know if that's iron-on papers or commercial iron-ons.

Tx.lakerats - gladto see your coming down for the clean-up. So far it looks like we have the following Swampsters signed up ...

Larry & PurduEE from Oakhill Scuba
and
Rick (shleprock30), Scott (ssmith87), tx.lakerats, as well as Alan & myself all signed up with Scubaland. Hopefully we'll hear from some others that sign up this week......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom