9th Annual Lake Travis Underwater Cleanup - Sept 21st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was considering wearing my TSDT shirt. Then question then is - how many of us even have one - and if you want one - Does TXMike still have any in stock ??

As noted before - I'll be there, but with Oak Hill.

Larry - good idea for the shirt, but I bet few of us actually have one - I know I don't. I normally wear my UT Longhorn button-up as my unofficial dive shirt - so I will probably wear that unless something else gets worked out ..... any way to get the TSDT logo shared out so it could be printed on a 2X4 label - kind of like a name tag??? Then everyone could just print it out and stick it on their shirt-hat-whatever .... (Just a thought ....)

Scott - keep an eye out for Alan (he'll be the big guy - 6'4"+) & I (I'll be the short 5'4" person with him!) at the dive site - we signed up with the Anderson shop - and we'll be looking for your hat!!
:D

I know that TwobitTexan has items for sale on a cafepress site. I got the url off one of his postings

www.cafepress.com/texasdivers

This might help. I know that it's all sold for cost and no one is make any $$ on the items.

BTW-anyone know how much it costs to sign up?? Any brief details of how this works?

Thanks in Advance!!

as far as I know (from last year and this..) there is no cost involved - it's all volunteers. Both dive shops I've dealt with (Ocean's Window last year - Scubaland Adventure this year) had/have a sign-up sheet and a release of liability form you need to sign, in both cases they supplied/supply tanks - or will fill your personal tank for free if you prefer. Each dive shop is assigned a particular area of the lake to clean-up. The DS organizes meeting times, etc. supplies bags for trash pick-up. After everyone is done diving, and the trash boat has hauled off your stuff - you head over to Carlos & Charlies on the lake, for some free food, t-shirts, etc. then they do prize drawings. You have to be there to win, and last year there was some pretty awesome stuff given away - regs, scuba gear, misc. gift certificates, even a kayak if I remember correctly ....

I'm sure any of the LDS's will give you more info if you need it - they all participate ............:D

Just bought a t-shirt off of the website, nice looking. Who came up with that logo?

Diver Kat, look forward to meeting you and Alan..see you there.

Scott D.

The logo was a culmination of ideas from the members and one of our members, CavernQT aka Tabtha, did the rendition of it.

Good one, huh? :)

The logos pretty cool - but I wish they had t-shirts in other colors - I hate white, and greys not much better! Maybe they can convert it to an iron-on and sell those as well ..... also, since we were talking patches on another thread - a patch would be cool as well..... might be a little detail intensive to make though .....

Diver Kat once bubbled...
The logos pretty cool - but I wish they had t-shirts in other colors - I hate white, and greys not much better! Maybe they can convert it to an iron-on and sell those as well ..... also, since we were talking patches on another thread - a patch would be cool as well..... might be a little detail intensive to make though .....
I WILL NOT wear white/grey/natural T-shirts. One reason for the white was the logo has so many colors in it, it's hard to pick out a shirt color that all of them will show up on.

The cafepress thing that is set up for us has some cool items but honestly, I was disappointed in the sizes of the logos. The T-shirt looks like a target from just a few feet away amd the ball caps aren't readable until you're very close. The stickers aren't bad. I left one on the wall of the dive shack at CCV!

I looked into having T-shirts screen printed with a business I've used for years. If I remember, there were 6 or 7 colors with a set-up charge for each one. The shirts for the minimum number ordered would have cost us about $20 per shirt. At the time I couldn't get enough people to commit in order to get more than minimums.

Where's everyone hooking up and what are we wearing??

FYI - Dee I'd be in on a couple of those shirts to meet your min!!

I'll be out there with Oak Hill Scuba. I can't think of anything distinctive that I'll be wearing (Zeagle Escape, Oceanic Zeta, ...), but I'd love to put some faces with names (or at least handles).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom