84" Primary Regulator Hose vs. 60" vs. 40" w/ Swivel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove all 3 of these configuration and 7' is the way to go.
It gives you that much more flexibility and you honestly don't feel it. Before I had a light I used to tuck the hose in the waist strap and 2' won't make a difference.

Like almost every one of these debates, I think this one also hinges on what kind of diving you are doing. I understand that a 7' hose might be an advantage in a cave but in open water I fail to see a benefit. I tried it for a few dives and ended up with a 40" on a swivel. I only dive open water and am usually spearfishing so don't want the extra length to potentially catch on something. The 40" hose gives me the length to not be nose to nose if I have to share air but keeps me closer so that I can get my hands on the OOA diver should they panic. Yes, if they are close and panicked they might be a problem but if they bolt I can at least try to manage the situation. If they are 7' away, what is stopping a panicked diver from bolting and dragging me with them.

Dive safe,

Ken

I dove all 3 of these configuration and 7' is the way to go.
It gives you that much more flexibility and you honestly don't feel it. Before I had a light I used to tuck the hose in the waist strap and 2' won't make a difference.

5'-7' any size in that range would work. I know people who prefer a 6' hose. :)

For some reason, I have a couple 9’ hoses with my Poseidon regs. I don’t remember how I ended up with those.

For some reason, I have a couple 9’ hoses with my Poseidon regs. I don’t remember how I ended up with those.
Wait. Did you attach a 7’ to your existing 40” hose ?:D

Wait. Did you attach a 7’ to your existing 40” hose ?

Nope.. these are 108” hoses from Poseidon set up for Jetstream or Xstream second stages and the integral OPV valve. I actually have two of them from different sources, so I assume they were offered as a stocked part at some point. They are thicker than a typical LP reg hose.

You feel like your flying in first class doing OOA line drills... maybe they just grow them really tall in Sweden and need to account for single file exits donating to some 6’5” dude wearing Cressi Rondine Gara fins. Haha

I put a 7' hose on my OW set up to match my tech set up. When I replace it, I will go with the 5 foot hose as I see no need for an extra 2 feet in OW. I am 5'11" and a 5 foot is fine going under my arm and up around my left shoulder.

I started with a 5 ft and soon realized a 7 ft is really not any more unwieldy than a 5 ft.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom