7mm wetsuit in Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s probably true but who wants to limit themselves to 50ft.dives. Monastery Beach is one of the best and most popular shore dives in the area and you can be in 100ft+ with in a few minutes of dropping down. It takes a longer swim to get to deep water at Pt.Lobos but it often makes for a more interesting dive. I think you’d be foolish to buy any type of suit with the notion that you'll only be diving very shallow. Then again, what do I know.

Chuck Tribolet:
I used to dive Monterey in 7mm hooded vest, farmer john, and beaver tail jacket. I'd
never go back from my drysuit.

The coldest water of the year is late March, April, early May.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck. I thought it was mighty frigging cold!
When does it get up to 70f?

?

Chuck Tribolet:
I use less weight with my drysuit than I did with my wetsuit.

This is encouraging! Most folks say more weight. I hope I have the same experience as you.

R

I did too. i just got my DS in Thursday, just in time to bring it down to my parents pool to try out for th eweekend. I was able to take 21 pounds off of my rig. I'll have to add a bit back when I get in the ocean, but I'm still very, very happy. The cold hasn't been an issue, and I probably woudn't have bought ht eDS if I didn't come accross a gret deal, but with that great a difference in weight, I doubt I'll be throwing my WS on any time soon.

When I did my drysuit checkout, I wore exactly the same amount of weight as I wear with my wetsuit and hood - no problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom