7.3 Earthquake in Haiti ~

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My niece and her church mission group of 14 people from Pennsylvania/USA arrived to Port au Prince on Monday. The group as instructed by authorities reported to the airport today for a flight back home however were told that flights were suspended until further notice. Therefore they are trying to find an alternate route or method at this time. One of the options was to travel out of Dominican Republic. Are there travel restrictions/requirements between Haiti and Dominican Republic and if so what are they? The reason I ask is that we have a family contact in Santo Domingo that would assist them if possible and I am wondering about the logistics of even perhaps meeting them at the border.

Any thoughts or advice would be helpful.
Sue

As far as I know there are no travel restrictions for people getting out of Haiti. I have never heard about any problems going to and from Haiti, as a matter of fact my friend's wife worked there a while ago and her husband drove her there and back. They never mentioned any problems crossing the border either way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom