The Deep House on Amazon Prime

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I watched it and I thought it was fun. The dive computer that did everything but dive computing was annoying. Looking past the movies' short comings about reality, it was an underwater ghost story. They certainly could have made certain aspects of the diving more realistic, but it was about youtubers exploring a haunted house.

When I see divers critiquing Youtubers exploring underwater, it is almost always involving how unprofessional they are, not having the right gear, not following protocol, laying lines , etc...

The set on this movie looked really great. The diving was well shot. It was fun, I can see a couple Urban explorer types going to take a look for a legendary sunken house and If they found it, just going in. Horror movies are built on the premise of attractive people doing dumb things and then getting punished with it.

The lighted masks inevitable unless you are filming in the tropics.

I'd like to see more dive movies and not worry about the accuracy. Sea Hunt, Thunder Ball, Into the Blue, Creature from the Black Lagoon make diving fun. Once you want to join the fun, then you can worry about dive computer that don't play MP3s and laying line.

Hahaha, I just watched that thing. The couple spent over an hour at 100 feet on a standard single tank. Then at the end the chick did an emergency ascent from that depth holding her breath the whole time. But the dude did frog kicks and had a Shearwater computer so it was totally legit :rofl3:

I was thinking this thread was about Deep House music on Amazon. :cool:

I read some making of articles about this movie. It was shot in an interesting way so the set was not destoryed in a few days with flooding. Can somebody send me a link where I can get the Shearwater firmware to play music and control under water drones?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom