7/02- Friday PM and 7/03-Saturday Am

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang, and I was looking forward to driving your truck to the beach. Oh well, maybe next time...

Hi Gang... so I've penciled in the Friday 7/2 twilight dive and the Saturday 7/3 AM dive... in case I can finagle (sp?) playing hookey from my work schedule which is predominantly ... you guessed it... Weekends! and Evenings.

Ok, gang, I know I'm supposed to keep a tight lip... but I feel pretty adamant on this topic.
Diving in summer, YES!
Camping in South Florida in summer? NO!

Can we Baker-Act the person that came up with this idea?
I'm guessing the answer is no, to that, too!

SO... anyone who wants to go camping in South Florida in summer... good on ya, mate! Me? I'm staying in the A/C or water!

MikeJacobs:
Yeech... you MUST be a native... better man than I, anyway. I don't even like to go outside during the summer unless it's directly to the WATER or something air conditioned!

As a native I MUST take my hat off, and bow to anyone that would camp sans AC in
South Florida in summer. Been there, done that. If the heat doesn't get you, the critters will. Also, sweat + deet = torture.

LOL, I will just have to do a camping trip down yonder for spite! Ya'll can come & watch, it'll be fuuunnnn!!!

So what is the count? Three or four diving Fri. night and Sat morn?

Chuck

Count so far:
SmokeAire
Scuba_Jenny
Trish The Fish

The rest have not made any commitments...
I suggest Friday night at Hibiscus, LBTS
Saturday at Hollywood or Dania

Trish The Fish:
Ok, gang, I know I'm supposed to keep a tight lip... but I feel pretty adamant on this topic.
Diving in summer, YES!
Camping in South Florida in summer? NO!
Can we Baker-Act the person that came up with this idea?
I'm guessing the answer is no, to that, too!
SO... anyone who wants to go camping in South Florida in summer... good on ya, mate! Me? I'm staying in the A/C or water!

Although I don't do "the woods". I would definitely do a beach dive-camp-out. (as long as there is a cool place for my lip-stick, :dazzler1: (lol).

What is all the fuss about! it's only a weekend on the beach! maybe not this 7/4 wk-end, but 2 days & 1 night of diving & camping shouldn't be so bad, sounds GREAT to me! ...

C'mon Trish, you're in real-estate don't tell me you can't take the heat! Think of it as a personal challenge.. You can do it!!

For the whimps complaining about room service and AC accomodations, those are the ones that usually have the most fun... Didn't you guys ever go to summer camp as children? gosh! (never mind, I don't want to know!)

I have a sight in mind for such an event and will post a thread for it. :wink:

scbababe:
Although I don't do "the woods". I would definitely do a beach dive-camp-out. (as long as there is a cool place for my lip-stick, :dazzler1: (lol).

What is all the fuss about! it's only a weekend on the beach! maybe not this 7/4 wk-end, but 2 days & 1 night of diving & camping shouldn't be so bad, sounds GREAT to me! ... !

For the whimps complaining about room service and AC accomodations, those are the ones that usually have the most fun... Didn't you guys ever go to summer camp as children? gosh! (never mind, I don't want to know!)

I have a sight in mind for such an event and will post a thread for it. :wink:

I would show you my bite scars but I've met the defender of your chastity, and he seems quite capable of rendering me into ropa vieja!

scbababe:

Yeah - but I didn't live in Florida when I went to camp. I didn't have to worry about dying from heat stroke, I just had to carry a baseball bat to fend off the sparrow sized mosquitos. :D

Marc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom