7/02- Friday PM and 7/03-Saturday Am

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks:
If i go for this, there is no way i am camping - i just wasnt built for withstanding tremendous heat during the day and night (i need to be sub 80 at night to even begin to be able to sleep!!

If there is a location chosen i might consider a hotel or a sofa/floor of any kind donors.

Dibs on the couch.
Chuck

SmokeAire:
Dibs on the couch.
Chuck
You are welcome to it, there was one thrown out on the street the other week, the garbage guys havent gotten to it yet - still moist from the last few days rain - enjoy. :wink:

Oh you know that couch well?

Roughing it? You mean a place with no room service or in room movies? :D

Marc

I've made plans with Hollywoods top notch beach dive guide, Scuba Jenny, for a night dive on Fri. July 2nd and a morning beach dive on Sat. Might extend it to early afternoon if she is willing. Anyone else game?
The exact times for both will be worked out later.
Looking forward to beach dives that don't involve sharks teeth for a change.

I'll probably make this a seperate thread.

Chuck

Let's see.........camping out in the heat, or .......... well, not with this damn hot splint and then confined to top side activities. I think I like the idea of room service and in room, air conditioned room, movies :D

scbababe:
But yeah I'm down for a camp out at the beach!

Baby, diving without me is where I draw the line, but are you sure you want to trade an air conditioned room , room service and in room movies (rating being optional) for heat, heat, heat??? :wink:

man- If you camp you really ARE brave- I did the same dive/camp trip to Jupiter area- or a little south- about this time last year and was just a soggy mess of sweat in a sleeping bag. Although the breezes exist, you have to camp on the ocean or on a bluff to catch them. everywhere i camp always does a great job of blocking any prevailing breeze.
good luck

OK, now comes my favorite part. It is called guess where the fool was born. Those who happen to know will kindly keep their knowledge to themselves, those who don't are welcome to guess.
So what is available camping wise in that area? If I am going to do this I need to get busy & try to reserve something now, otherwise I am thinking I will end up @ Ginnie with none of my SB buddies to dive with.
I really want to get in some diving over the weekend of the Fourth, and all of the dives I am certified for @ Ginnie are starting to get a little "old hat". The SE FL thing sounds like it might be a workable alternative & if we all resolve to spend the entire weekend either underwater or in a AC'ed dive shop getting fills, we should be just fine.
ScubaGuy, sorry about your luck, dude. Really wish you could join us, wherever we end up.

Ok Guys, Chiming in.
First off, the beach is packed by 10 am on fourth of July weekend. I have dived on the 3rd and 4th a couple times. Got to get a parking space early tho. I am thinking of Hollywood Beach. Lotsa parking, showers, restrooms, good diving. If we go farther north on Hollywood beach where the grills are, we still can do some good diving, but lose out on the restrooms and showers. Lauderdale By The Sea is good also, but parking is horrible. Perhaps a dive there one day, and Hollywood the next?
Camping? http://www.broward.org/parks/pri02200.htm Broward County park system. TY park is about 5 miles from the beach. Its surburbia for sure, but there is also a really nice water park for kids and big kids. Also grills, etc.
I knew somebody that used to camp in the summertime downhere. She would bring here 5000BTU air conditioner and set it up in the openining of the tent, awwhhh, nice and cold!
Dive shop. Nearby. Air, nitrox, rentals, repairs.

Sorry, my friends, but the wife has spoken, & I shall be spending the weekend @ Ginnie. Anyone who wishes to join my whipped self there, check out the original thread. Sorry, I haven't figured out how to insert thread links here as of yet.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom