6th Annual after ThanksGiving Turkey Fry & CleanUp 11/29/08 Sponsored IPB ScubaQuest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
6th Annual :sblogo:
ThanksGiving Turkey Fry & Dive/Fossil Hunt
November 29, 2008
Sponsored in part by:

ScubaQuest

Scuba Quest

Alrighty it is that time of year to set aside some time to spend with our SB family :yeahbaby: so the Saturday after Thanksgiving will be The Annual Turkey fry at Venice Beach/Alahambra (directions and fossil info).

A major plus this year, ScubaQuest wants in on the fun so they are going to be supplying the tents and tables (for us to place food on). :thumbs-up

We will start the day at 9:a.m. and go 'til about 2 or 3.

As always, everyone is welcome to this event. :turkey: Bring your kids, your non-diving SO's, whoever you'd like. This is always a great time.

If you'd like to join in, make a post and I will add you to the list :) As always, keep an eye on this first post for up-to-the dive information.

Last year some came the night before, if you are thinking of doing this, may I suggest checking expedia.com or hotels.com? I do know the old Holiday Inn is now pet friendly, for those that would like to bring their fur kids.

For those that have never dived Venice, you may want to check this out from our very own ReefGuy: Tooth Finding Guide

With that let's get ourselves sorted with who is coming and what they are bringing. We're going to need turkey's, fryers, side-dishes, ice, water, etc.

Attendees
MissD - utensils, paper plates, and trash bags
NetDoc- Stickers, T-Shirts and ???
ScubJenny & Hermit Crab - Turkey
Msscuba and hubby- Potato salad and devil eggs

misdirectd:
Maybe some carmel corn too?
Probably.
divedivedivecfl:
Is there electricity? I have a great electric fryer. 15lb bird in 50 minutes.
No electricty.. unless we put together a lot of extension cords from the car and somebody has a converter!:wink:

Is there electricity? I have a great electric fryer. 15lb bird in 50 minutes.

Mmmmmmmmm

If you can run that thing off a 1000 watt generator and generators are allowed on Venice beach, there is. :D

:doh: sometimes I am way too literal. :shakehead:

So you and the tiny one comin'?

I thought that was my area of expertise.

I'll see the tiny one tonight, we'll talk about it. I'd love to be there.

I wanna wanna wanna come...I HAVE to work on Saturday, new job, can't get out of it. :depressed:

I need someone from the Southeast Florida area to carpool with Friday morning and return with Friday night. We can take one of my cars, but I don't want to make this long trip alone. Anybody? :blinking:

Not sure what I'll bring yet, I'll see what's needed once I know if I can actually make it.

I wanna wanna wanna come...I HAVE to work on Saturday, new job, can't get out of it. :depressed:

I need someone from the Southeast Florida area to carpool with Friday morning and return with Friday night. We can take one of my cars, but I don't want to make this long trip alone. Anybody? :blinking:

Not sure what I'll bring yet, I'll see what's needed once I know if I can actually make it.

Debby, it is on a Saturday :sad: And I had been thinking of doing it on the Sunday :doh:

Debby, it is on a Saturday :sad: And I had been thinking of doing it on the Sunday :doh:
:angrymob: Me thinks it would be a bad idea to move it to Sunday.

Oh...I didn't even read that, when I read "after Thanksgiving" I took it literally to mean Friday! I think the word "fry" threw me off, LOL!

If it's Saturday I can't go but y'all have fun!!!
05.gif

I'd come if it was on Sunday but I will NOT ask you to change it for me. I think people need Sunday to recuperate from their long weekend!

Sorry, Debby, would love for you to come, but I am quite partial to the Saturday, partly because it has worked well in the past 5 years for everybody, but also because it works well for me! :D
Sure you can't call in sick? I will be driving over on Friday.

I won't call in sick. I'm the boss and it will only be my second week on the job and there is no way I can let my team down like that, we are incredibly short-staffed even when everyone shows up. How does it look to them if the new boss calls in sick on the Saturday after Thanksgiving? YIKES I'd never get any work out of them! Ain't worth it to me. :shakehead:

I didn't think it should be moved to Sunday anyway, like I said, people need Sunday to recuperate. :blinking:

Hmmm, maybe we should alternate coasts for this gig each year! :eyebrow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom