65# OMS Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taat2d

Reaction score
Recently I purchased the OMS IQ pack with a 65# wing. Ring now I mainly dive a single 120. Eventually I want to dive doubles and I know the 65# wing will be ok. My question is.... Should I switch to a smaller wing for a single tank, or should I just get used to diving the 65# even with a single tank? I dove the 65# one time with a sinlge tank and I'm not sure if it's too big. Some suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated in this matter.:bonk:

Hi,
I know some guys (and myself) who have 100# bungee wings and dive them with single AL80's or 120's and we have no problem with them 'flapping' around or otherwise as some suggested. My wings don't flap and remain stay tight to the tank and work great. When I finally go to twins soon I'll be all set and won't have to purchase ANOTHER wing again. I'll admit 100# is more than anyone would ever need, and 65# would be an ideal selection. I love my OMS IQ and Wing, and dive their SPG, No Sag Pocket, Reel, etc.

I dive with an OMS IQ pak, 100 lb bungeed wing and SS back plate. I switch between my double OMS 85's and single OMS 112 LP tank and have no problems. It's nice to see some other OMS user's on this board.

Adding bungees will defiently cut down on material flapping around but, creates it's own series of problems. Do a search for the reasons why bungees are not such a great idea. You don't need them.

65lbs for a single tank is extreme overkill. For comparison, I use a 27lbs wing for singles. A 65lbs wing without bungees will trap air every time and create a huge amount of drag.

Use the right tool for the particular job. You need 2 wings, one smaller wing for singles and one larger wing for doubles. Having one "do all" wing is not very efficient or practical in the water.

I would just take the bungies off the OMS wing and use that for doubles. You can then just order a 27lbs or 36lbs single tank wing from Halcyon.

ColdH20diving once bubbled... It's nice to see some other OMS user's on this board. [/B]

Yea, we're definately the minority, but I wouldn't trade my rig for any other.

Yes, I know, but haven't been willing to spend the $325 that Halcyon wants for their wings vs OMS at around $220.

I go with Electriczombie! I've got a 18 & a 27 for single tanks and a 40 & a 55 for doubles (4 divers in the family). No bungies.

The right wing makes a difference.

Dave

ScoobieDooo, I did some research on bungied wings at the OMS website . They didn't mention any hazard associated with bungied wings. I agree with you, I wouldn's trade my OMS rig for any other, not even the sacred Halcyon gear.

I did some research on bungied wings at the OMS website . They didn't mention any hazard associated with bungied wings.
I wonder why...couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that they sell bungee wings, could it?

I still like their diver-dragging-fish scale tests on streamlining...

O-ring once bubbled...

I wonder why...couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that they sell bungee wings, could it?

I still like their diver-dragging-fish scale tests on streamlining...

You just can't convert some folks o-ring. And, you know, that bright red bungeed thing is real "purdy" :bonk:

MD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom