--6 months from SCUBA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was great news when Mr. Poye told me on the phone last night! Can't wait to see you under water again!

Yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy Alan!!! That's great news! Wish we could make it out this weekend, but we can't. Come dive with us on the Giant Stride in July!

Rhonda

Great news Alan!

If you need any help; any at all; or an alternate dive buddy, feel free to call. I will dive with you anytime. You have been a good friend to me through the years and an excellent mentor for learning better dive technique. I can only begin to hope to be a diver as good as you.

John..... you have been an awsome dive buddy for several years and have made big improvments in skills, you are def. one diver I can always count on to be there.....hope to see you this HOT weekend! Your Bud, Alan

I think I can say I understand even though it has only been about 3 weeks since my accident and my injuries werent near as severe but it will be some time before I will be able to dive I have a fractured arm and having problems with my knee dont have full range of motion back yet.:shakehead:

Dude, my heart is with you....I wish you a great recovery and as I have found to be so true.....Swampers are a wonderful bunch of folks......not to also mention the water will still be there. :)

I think I can say I understand even though it has only been about 3 weeks since my accident and my injuries werent near as severe but it will be some time before I will be able to dive I have a fractured arm and having problems with my knee dont have full range of motion back yet.:shakehead:

Sorry to hear but good to know you are on the road to recovery. Did they say how long before they think you can get back to diving?

Alan, I know how much this means to you and to all your friends and family who have lived through this with you. What a glorious day!! You give so much to all those around you, and we are all so grateful that God has restored the desires of your heart! Hope to see you Friday, if not, soon! Enjoy!!

After visiting one of the leading DFW pulminoligist I was given the 'clear' to resume scuba diving! :)

It's taken about 6 months to recover from the injuries suffered in the Jan. 09' auto accident in Mn., I still have a way to go though.

I feel my biggest task ahead is still to work on my endurance. One day at a time.

I again THANK each of you for your well wishes and prayers.....God and you folks are on my side!

I will again dive doubles and have been ok'd 'over time' to resume my technical diving.

My pulminoligist asked that my first few dives remain at or above 1 ATM and that I progress at a pace that is 'comfy' for me.

Over the holiday weekend I plan on doing a bit of scuba at CSSP......Timeliner my 'wingman' and close friend of several years has agreed to accompany me on the initial dives, though diving 'solo' does in no way bother me......it will be nice having him along.

Happy and save 4th. of July Holiday to each of you and you families!

:) Alan

HIp HIP Hooray................Alan my prayers are answered just like I asked

Congrats...hope to dive with you in person soon.........shallow water diving is a lot of fun for ME ........before you work your way back to that deep dark Texas dive routine

Shawn O'Shea

Also, I just looked back to some posts when you were first injured... Jan 9, Debraw posted "Alan currently is suffering from a head trauma, broken pelvis, collapsed lung, broken ribs, and multiple lacerations and bruises." And 6 months later, you're diving??? Alan, you are a miracle man! How fun is that...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom