--6 months from SCUBA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats on your recovery, Alan. You'll be back in the thick of diving in no time :)

Way to go, Alan! Talk about timing...just this past weekend I was diving at Lake Murray and was reminiscing to my dive buddy (Islandfrog) that the LAST time I was there was with you and Timeliner. Fantastic to hear you're getting back underwater! Hope to see you soon.

That's wonderful news, Alan! Glad to hear it. I am looking forward to diving with you again sometime!

Also, I just looked back to some posts when you were first injured... Jan 9, Debraw posted "Alan currently is suffering from a head trauma, broken pelvis, collapsed lung, broken ribs, and multiple lacerations and bruises." And 6 months later, you're diving??? Alan, you are a miracle man! How fun is that...

Thats about 1/2 the list of injuries!!!! God//friends and of course prayers are a wonderful thing. Modern medical tech. and good medical staffers go a long way too. Will be starting off slow as recommended, but in time back to 'mixed' gas diving. Recreational diving which is what we all do anyways sounds just wonderful now!! Give me a set of flippers,,goggles and a swim suit! :)

Good news Alan!! Hope I get to see you tomorrow!

Just finished packing the car......how we forget over 6 month how much STUFF and how HEAVY it is......"this having fun is allot of work!" LOL

I think I can say I understand even though it has only been about 3 weeks since my accident and my injuries werent near as severe but it will be some time before I will be able to dive I have a fractured arm and having problems with my knee dont have full range of motion back yet.:shakehead:
Sorry about your accident, dementid- I know it's very hard to be sidelined from doing things that you love. Hope you heal quickly and are back at the pond before you know it!!

Give me a set of flippers,,goggles and a swim suit! :)

And an oxygen tank and one of those breathie thingies...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom