6/27/09 7th Annual Venice Beach and Birthday Dive Bash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ll be there early to help set up and get a early am dive in too if anyone needs anything. I always miss out on the boat lol. Tis all good.

Cool Beans! glad to know you're gonna be early. I have already informed the Bullas (whom I'm staying with in Ft. Myers) that we are leaving the house at 6:00 a.m. so we can be at Venice by 7!!
Of course that is easier said than done. Packing two cars with 3 divers, 4 kids and everything there is to make the day at the beach successful!

lol I ll be packing it the day before. Except for the food of course. I ve learned I always forget something. Ohhh but I no longer live on the second floor!! My first dive trip living in a house. Wow. lol. I m not sure how long my drive time is now tho. And I guess chik filet bfast is no go but meh I can grab something on the way lol. Im so excited I just unpacked all my stuff from it's winter cages. Hmm need a better way to store dive boots lol, nice funky corn chip smell yukkk lol. Time for a baking soda bath on everything lol. Im scared to see what happened to the suits. I know they were completely dry before i packed. I m thinking I might just go do a lil snorkling tomo at middle beach. Cant dive alone and way out of shape lol.

Well, ScubaJenny PM'd me about this. I haven't been here for several weeks, can't believe I never saw the post. Anyway, My son is coming back from a 17 day trip in France and England and I have to be in Tampa around 4pm. But, I will definetly try to make there early and get at least one dive in. I'll take an alternate slot on the boneyard trips for either 8 or 10. Need to leave around noon in order to make it to Tampa on time.

Whoo hoo!!!! Looking forward to seeing ya again Bill!

But do we gotta see bill?? Sigh lol. Its such a bummer. The trick is can he figure out who this is lol.

I've been informed that we won't be on the road before 8 AM :D

Last year, we setup the 10x10's where ever the space was available when arriving. Someone who arrived later remarked that it seemed like some were "separating" themselves from the rest of the group. The truth was that the 10x10s were setup where there was space to accomodate them when they arrived. The early (read this as the first several arriving to begin setup) might want to reserve 40-50' to allow the 10x10's to be linked together in a line. That would produce one heck of a lot of shade for people to escape the sun (as it is always sunny for this event...)

Of course if the city shows up and asks to see a permit... KBeck and I have never met you people before, and had our 10x10 setup when you people all asked if you could join up to us :crafty:

Did I mention that this was coming together nicely and looks like it is going to be a great group of SB divers and friends? :cool2:

Great idea on putting the big tents together! Me thinks that since I am anticipating to be one of the first there, that I will draw lines in the sand for tents. Will that work? Another possibilbity would be the first to set up the 10 x 10 sets the line for everybody else.

If we put all the tents together we lose all deniability that it isn't one large group taking over the beach. If we make them separate they have to ask each of us individually if we're part of one group. I like the social side of having them all together.

If we put all the tents together we lose all deniability that it isn't one large group taking over the beach. If we make them separate they have to ask each of us individually if we're part of one group. I like the social side of having them all together.

Dennis has a good point, It would be a lot easier to proove that a bunch of diver's "just happened to show on one day" if they weren't all seperate and not looking like a "Group"

Great idea on putting the big tents together! Me thinks that since I am anticipating to be one of the first there, that I will draw lines in the sand for tents. Will that work? Another possibilbity would be the first to set up the 10 x 10 sets the line for everybody else.

Calm down Jen....... No need to draw a "Line in the Sand" I thought that we were all friends here on SB:D:rofl3:

But do we gotta see bill?? Sigh lol. Its such a bummer. The trick is can he figure out who this is lol.

Hmmmmmmmm:confused: I guess I'll have to put my detective skills to work..... Stay Tuned:popcorn:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom