(6/15/05) Jewfish: 1 Spearfisherman: 0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LeFlaneur:
Please refrain from discussing my personal life on the board.
STOP IT! What is it with you today? You are making me spew beverages all over my lab. I am sending you my cleaning bill.

SueMermaid:
Psh. Big deal. Like the rest of us aren't. :rolleyes:
Don’t panic and keep your anti-peril sunglasses handy. :crafty:

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

SueMermaid:
STOP IT! What is it with you today? You are making me spew beverages all over my lab. I am sending you my cleaning bill.

It's called procrastination.

SueMermaid and LeFlaneur

Are you guys married to each other? :11:

Wow, I think the guys last statement was taken WAY out of context. Stop and look at the sign and the smiles on their faces. I think his comments were tounge in cheek, or tounge in lip. I think he was JOKINGLY saying he wanted revenge on the fish. I think his buddies gave him a hard time about his near miss and he was having fun with it. You all assume he is an idiot. He had heard the thumping before and nothing happened, he did not seem to know what it meant (he does now). I probably wouldn't have, I thought they were dosile creatures. Just because he was uneducated on the fish does not make him an idiot. I guess I read the article with a different mindset. His comments made me laugh, but for a different reason.

It's all good till someone develops an underwater long range rifle (well long range for underwater) or develops a shoulder launched torpedo system.............sure there is some guy in a treestand taking aim at 12 point buck thinking about that.......somewhere....on a cold November morning..."This cold chit is for the birds....lets go Jewfish hunting in the gulf with this new underwater high powered, laser scoped semi-automatic rifle." :)) Have us a fish roast!!

Tavi:
There are some places on Earth where we are gifted to be able to visit. However, in these places we are not at the top of the food chain, we are just a part of it.
You may choose to enter the middle of the food chain if you like.
I choose to remain on top, and will equip myself accordingly. That may be armament, or brain power (adequate education and planning), or more likely a combination of the two. To accept a lesser position is not necessary for a thinking human.
e

My point exactly. Its not my fault if some idiot gets hurt. I was trying to say that I DONT think we dont belong anywhere. We're humans, we have the capability to go anywhere, and so that makes it ok. If you choose to enter the underwater food chain, then youve done just that and I don't feel bad for the people who get attacked, much in the same way that I would understand BEING attacked. I have never seen a swimming squirrel. I have seen a swimming human.

Epinephelus:
You may choose to enter the middle of the food chain if you like.
I choose to remain on top, and will equip myself accordingly. That may be armament, or brain power (adequate education and planning), or more likely a combination of the two. To accept a lesser position is not necessary for a thinking human.
e

A quick question for you then. Have you ever been in a low vis dive where out of nowhere a big bull shark came by and checked you out? When do you think he knew you were there?

Even if you have a bang stick, and scuba and whatever else you take, you are still not as aware of your surroundings as this shark. He smells you, senses your presence long before you know he is there. You are lower on the food chain, even with your higher brain functions. The apex predator could attack you before you even knew it was there.

Just a thought.

Joe

DiveGolfSki:
SueMermaid and LeFlaneur

Are you guys married to each other? :11:
Sssh. Don't tell my husband.

Back
Top Bottom