(6/15/05) Jewfish: 1 Spearfisherman: 0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mxracer19:
Why are humans the only animals that think they don't belong in certain places? If humans weren't supposed to swim, we wouldn't be capable of holding our breath. Have you ever seen a squirrel holding its breath? Why do all of you people think we don't belong underwater? Some say give the fish the right of way, I say that every animal shares its habitat with every other animal, and that is whats called an ecosystem. If that fish doesn't like it, well tough **** on him. If hes got a big enough problem with me, let him attack me. Thats natures way, in much the same way that lions repel invaders of their territory. With the quickness and agility...not to mention the teeth...of ANY fish, I'd venture to say that spearfisherman and jewfish/GG would make a decent matchup.

One things for sure...if a fish ever attacked me I would NEVER think twice about shooting one again.
:11: Sheesh. Nature's way. Okay. Whatever.

LeFlaneur:
YEAH! And if dolphins are so smart, how come they can't walk, huh? How bout that?
But they do know how to make a mask out of ripped up sponges to protect their noses when hunting – at least the females do even if the males are too macho.

The dolphins don’t need to walk, they’re just waiting for a Vogon construction ship to pick them up off this planet.

Bill51:
The dolphins don’t need to walk, they’re just waiting for a Vogon construction ship to pick them up off this planet.
Psh. Big deal. Like the rest of us aren't. :rolleyes:

mxracer19:
Why are humans the only animals that think they don't belong in certain places? If humans weren't supposed to swim, we wouldn't be capable of holding our breath. Have you ever seen a squirrel holding its breath? Why do all of you people think we don't belong underwater? Some say give the fish the right of way, I say that every animal shares its habitat with every other animal, and that is whats called an ecosystem. If that fish doesn't like it, well tough **** on him. If hes got a big enough problem with me, let him attack me. Thats natures way, in much the same way that lions repel invaders of their territory. With the quickness and agility...not to mention the teeth...of ANY fish, I'd venture to say that spearfisherman and jewfish/GG would make a decent matchup.

One things for sure...if a fish ever attacked me I would NEVER think twice about shooting one again.

approach to interacting with marine creatures...very evolved state of mind. You could bite his pectoral fins off while punching him up...

Mo2vation:
Dude: Sweet

Diver: Dude

Dude: Sweet

Diver: Dude

Dude: Sweet...

oy.

---
Ken

"I didn't realize my head was in his mouth until I was on the way to the hospital, and I saw the blood on top of my head,"

You and H2Andy both don't get it. It went something like this:

Dude: Hey man, you got something on your head.

Diver: It's my new skull cap.

Dude: Cool, it's got big lips, gills, fins and huge.

Diver: DUH?

Sheesh! :wink:

Oh, they reposted their picture:

DiveGolfSki:
You and H2Andy both don't get it. It went something like this:

Dude: Hey man, you got something on your head.

Diver: It's my new skull cap.

Dude: Cool, it's got big lips, gills, fins and huge.

Diver: DUH?

Sheesh! :wink:

Oh, they reposted their picture:

You're killing me. Now this thread is getting interesting.

At least they're a couple of good looking, rocked up, fitness focused diving types. In a fin wrestling match (you know, a decent matchup) I may have to side with fishy.

---
Ken

I'm still laughing about the blue eyed honkey-fish........

I guess the southern white sided cracker-fish is a thing of the past now, too.

Man, I needed that laugh.....

WD

The PCs would flip out with what the locals call the lowly hog choker and lizard fish...

WD

There are some places on Earth where we are gifted to be able to visit. However, in these places we are not at the top of the food chain, we are just a part of it. The Oceans and the Canadian wilderness are a couple of these places.

I enjoy taking picture of Sharks. If one ever gets aggressive with me I'm outta there. After all, I'm just a visitor in his part of the world. :crafty:

The only Jew Fish I ever saw was dead. It was big though. I can only imagine that if a fish that size thumped at me, I'd have to say okay, see ya.

hmmmmm......................Anyone ever do a wreck penetration and find one blocking their path on the way back out?? :11:

Back
Top Bottom