5th Annual Scubaboard Saturday after Thanksgiving Turkey Fry!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm SOOOOOO wishing I could head down there NOW!!! I don't have a place nearby for two adults and two kids that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Hmmm... hotels.com?

I will have an extra or two, what size, I have a 5 pocket one thats soon to be retired, and I haver another thats made for hard weights but workss fine for soft, just don't use any 2 pounders, they fall out LOL

I use a 5 pocket, and 2 pound weights (got those) :D
If I have to, I can make do without the belt. I was just a little weirded out last night.

I use a 5 pocket, and 2 pound weights (got those) :D
If I have to, I can make do without the belt. I was just a little weirded out last night.

Well I will have one or two, so if you don't find one from someone before you find me in the morning, You are more than welcome to borrow one, Finding me won't be very hard....... I think I will be the only on wearing Budwieser or Absolute vodka on his back LOL

See ya tomorow.....

Yep one night seems to run 65+ in Venice. We'll leave early instead. ;P
I looked at weather and we may get some rain by afternoon. I have a 10X10 with full wall setup and heavy sand anchors coming with me. At the very least, we'll have a small shelter that's not likely to blow away, but is a lightning rod if such is present.
Looking to bring some condiments and sides with us as well.

I'll see if I can get a cake or something to Bring along.....

AS of current count on the first page roster we will have around 47 people..... WOW if they all show up then I think this will be the biggest turnout...... I have told a few people/divers about this and they may or may not make it up, so we shall see.....

but I will have my cooler for the drinks and stuff and also a pop up shade.

Radio underwater? Didn't Brian have an underwater MP3 player at a megadive? Functional for at least a few seconds.

Yeah Ken,Guilty as charged.
It should be noted that the MP3 player will remain at home.
As I have been informed by my wife that my taste,
(or lack of) in music isn't always the same as the general public.

Brian

PS: Jared, I'll bring an extra belt as well,so just look for me.
Also bringing extra weight ,and a few AL80's.

I'm getting so stoked! Going out and about today. . . wish me luck with the traffic! Finances have me having to choose between another wetsuit or a pair of fins so my Mom can use my other ones. . . decisions decisions. :D
Anyway, can't wait to meet everyone! I'm sure someone won't mind but I'd like if my Mom and I could stay close by to another diver or few. I've only got 3 salt water dives in and this will be Mom's first and although I'm not really worried, I guess I just figure the more eyes the better. But we can work all that out tomorrow. I'm going to attempt to get my lazy but up bright and early so we can get down there around 9. That won't be pretty lmao!

I'm getting so stoked! Going out and about today. . . wish me luck with the traffic! Finances have me having to choose between another wetsuit or a pair of fins so my Mom can use my other ones. . . decisions decisions. :D
Anyway, can't wait to meet everyone! I'm sure someone won't mind but I'd like if my Mom and I could stay close by to another diver or few. I've only got 3 salt water dives in and this will be Mom's first and although I'm not really worried, I guess I just figure the more eyes the better. But we can work all that out tomorrow. I'm going to attempt to get my lazy but up bright and early so we can get down there around 9. That won't be pretty lmao!

No worries on finding someone to dive with, I at this point haven't picked a buddy or three yet but I am sure we can all arrange something.:coffee:

How long does everyone usually stick around. I work until 2pm but would love to come by after that and get wet. Would anyone still be around after 3 to dive with?

Thanks

Michelle

I would think that people will still be there.
I'll want to get at least one dive in after lunch, and lunch will probably run for a while.

How long does everyone usually stick around. I work until 2pm but would love to come by after that and get wet. Would anyone still be around after 3 to dive with?

Thanks

Michelle

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom