5th Annual Scubaboard Saturday after Thanksgiving Turkey Fry!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That'll be great! That means high tide will be roughly lunch!
The tide chart seemed to indicate that high tide wouldn't be till the evening.

forcast for saturday is 15-20 knot winds out of the east . Still early could change .The east winds sound good just hope they slow up a little

While the Marine forcast does indeed say 15-20 knot winds, the venice forcast Here indicates 6-7 knot winds out of the east.

With similar conditions today, the Surf forcast for Venice says ~1ft surf, with water temp at 69.

I could be wrong, but I'm being posative :D

Conditions report for ya'll. I was out at Alhambra yesterday. Viz was decent at 12 -15 ft, at a depth of 20 ft. I wore a 3 mil farmer john combo, with hood & lasted a total of 54 minutes. Water temp is 68.

Unfortunantly, the worst has happened and my family and I have had to leave Tampa early. My Mother-in-Law is in the Hospital in ICU and not expected to live past Friday. We knew it was coming, but had hoped it would be later rather than sooner. We hope that each of you has a wonderful Turkey Day, and an even beter After-Turkey Day ScubaBoard Family Reunion.

I dove two tanks at Alhambra Tuesday. I wore a 3 mil (no gloves or hood) and was very comfortable. The vis was 10-12, the temp was 68-70 and there was no swell at all. I was there from 1130 to 530, and it was a perfect day for it. I came home with around 250 smallish teeth, but I only took the whole teeth, no broken ones. I'll throw up a picture when I get back to where I can upload.

IMHO - If the weather holds out for you guys, it will be a great cookout and an even better day for diving.

Capt Grumby

Grumby - always family first in my books and heart, as with every other Conch I know.. I'm placing a prayer note under the candle when I'm done here... peace and love be with you and your family. If you need any support or help, please post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom