5th Annual Scubaboard Saturday after Thanksgiving Turkey Fry!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am new to diving and I am buying a suit tomorrow. Will a 3 mil be good enough for this weekend and for the rest of the "WINTER" here in FL?
It comes down to bioprene... The fat content of the body... I recomend a 5 mil minimum for anyone with less than 21% body fat...

Expect temps to be 61-65 F this weekend. The Gulf gets much colder than the Atlantic...

I have a farmer john 3mil. IF... I get in the water, I expect 30-60 min. max (summer... 2.5 hours on a S80... no suit)...

The time spent with other SB members more than makes up for the time spent searching for teeth!

Hi NetDoc! I'm looking forward to meeting you Saturday.

Is there fire coral or anything like that around Venice Beach, that would require gloves?
I never wear gloves. If you get out to 20', you might encounter the reef. Most everyone else will be between 16-18' That is where you will encounter the best tooth hunting (other than meg teeth... others will travel out deeper in search of "the mother load"... dont't expect that off the beach. If you stay closer, you will find more of the smaller teeth..... lots more...

I will be quite toasty then in my 2 piece 7mm. Yes, I get cold easily, bioprene or not!

I may be wrong, so don't blame me when it happens, but I'm predicting fair (for venice) visability.
Looks like it's a full moon saturday too, with low tide at 6:18AM

Note to self: Set up pavillion above high tide mark or the biscuits will get soggy quick!

Looks like my Mom will be joining me and she said she'd grab some fixins for the hamburgers and hotdogs. Workin on talking Pops as well as a couple friends into comin down too but it's not looking promising thus far.
I think I need to stop by the Dive Shop and pick myself up a thicker wetsuit or another 3 mil to layer with. I froze my lil bit of butt off last weekend!
BTW, Happy Turkey Day all!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom