5k to Benefit Diving Parents

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be heading out " Friday Afternoon for Lake Murray" It should be dark when I get there but what the heck.
Friday should be a Busy busy day. ' Got to load the RV and get things together.
Damn... I have my annual physical exam @ 10:20 a.m. too
:lotsalove: :mooner:

I'll be heading out " Friday Afternoon for Lake Murray" It should be dark when I get there but what the heck.
Friday should be a Busy busy day. ' Got to load the RV and get things together.
Damn... I have my annual physical exam @ 10:20 a.m. too
:lotsalove: :mooner:

Actually, I think it goes like this:
. :mooner:
:lotsalove:

Actually, I think it goes like this:
. :mooner:
:lotsalove:

............:rofl3::rofl3:

If more meat is needed, why don't I help with that? Just let me know what form...Choices: 1) plain and uncooked 2) uncooked but prepared (marinated and spiced) 3) cooked and sliced

And does anyone want chicken for fajitas?

Just let me know, and I'll get 'er done!

Thanks for having me, by the way.

Bill

I bet you guys have wondered just where the heck I've been !
I just returned from Mexico and have a big big sack of Indigo Button Mushrooms, some Spitting Tree Lizard beer from El Salvador, 3 bottles of Green Banana Whiskey and a jar of Pickled Guinea Pigs feet that I got down there.

I can't wait to party at Lake Murray !!!

Giggles & Cheers

Daisy

i bet you guys have wondered just where the heck i've been !
I just returned from mexico and have a big big sack of indigo button mushrooms, some spitting tree lizard beer from el salvador, 3 bottles of green banana whiskey and a jar of pickled guinea pigs feet that i got down there.

I can't wait to party at lake murray !!!

Giggles & cheers

daisy

whoohoo!!!!!!!!

Well all I can say is that for you folks that missed out on the Swamper-DIMWIT gathering at Murray Sat. (day trip for me) you missed out on a good time......WE all had a great time, from visiting to diving to eating and even a bit of star gazing with one nice telescope....ate fresh caught crawdads roasted over the fire and it was one sweet campfire!!! I lost count but I think there were 14 (divers & family) of use Sat. hanging out. :D

I want to say, this was the best weekend campout we've had the pleasure of going on for a very long time. Everything just seemed to come together for a great trip. The weather was fantastic. There were quite a few attendees. It was great finally meeting Guba. Texdiveguy, Timeliner, ZZZking,Twobit, Richerso, Yellowfin, and myself, (I hope I'm not forgetting anyone) were all there, and the kids that came with had a fantastic time. My son Tyler that usually would rather sit in front of some sort of computer had a great time with Frank's grandson catching and even cooking and eating crawdad's. Tyler hasn't spent that much constant time outside, maybe ever..... Jensen came home and crashed from all the fun and running around with Deirdre and Natalie. (Natalie has got to be the cutest 4 year old ever....)

The highlight of the weekend for me was listening to Frank, Craig, and his father do a little Sunday morning jam on the banjo and guitars. Camping is just complete when the instruments come out.

All of this and some star gazing to boot.

Another grand highlight was a surprise visit from the Grand Pubah original dragon diver Jchapman!! Haven't seen my old dive buddy since last February since he has been a solid traveler cruisin the friendly skies from one end of the country to the next workin his tail to the bone.

It just doesn't get much better.....

We have GOT to do this again soon!!!

We had a lot of fun with everyone. I got caught up in a baseball game with the girls and missed Dive 1 with Alan, Frank and Bill. (Nice meeting you Bill!) With Tom and Cory out due to to allergy and other upper respiratory nasties, Rhonda and I did Dive 2. I logged 77 minutes with an average temp of 66F. Visibility was 2-5 feet. (information included to avoid a big, nasty throw down in the future. :D )

Dive 3 was on Sunday afternoon. Frank, Rhonda and I drove down the road a little ways and dove the Cessna/Volkswagon. I logged 47 minutes with visibility of 0-10 feet. (information included to avoid a big, nasty throw down in the future. :D )

Natalie had a great time and made 2 new friends. They decorated cookies, roasted marshmallows and drank hot chocolate. She couldn't remember what they looked like, though. :) Her new arch-nemesis, some random dog, 95% beagle from the looks of him, (information included to avoid a big, nasty throw down in the future. :D ) took one of her stuffed animals on Saturday and , I understand, ate her sandwich on Sunday. She was covered in sand and mud so we had to stop off in Gainesville for a quick bath at Grandmother's house before heading back home to Mommy.

Special commendations of merit to Tom and Cory for their duties as surface support / dive slave / chief cook and bottle washer!

It was a very successful 5k and helped delay the onset of parental insanity at least for the immediate future but we must all remain vigilant. Fun was had by all. Frank requested that the next one be a 10k but I'm not sure I know that many "K" words.

Looking back on it all I would not change a thing. Come to think of it I think I wore the same clothes the whole weekend so I guess I didn't change.
Try doing that in the Summer or the dead of Winter at the lake ! Perfect weather !
I was just amazed at how the kids could just run free and stay out of trouble while they're parents and grand parents were running free looking for trouble.
I do not recall anybody getting so much as a hang nail during the entire weekend.

Let's take up a collection and just buy Lake Murray and bring it closer to home.

We could even dig tunnels connecting the Gypsy Girl to The Kunk Mobile.... :crafty:

Let's bring some Coon traps next time we go too !!

And Crawdad Filet' to boil the bugs with :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom