5k to Benefit Diving Parents

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry I'm so late in posting, but I finally got that crud that Kory had the whole weekend. I've been sick all week, but I'm finally back to my old self.

I think this was the best weekend we had diving in a looooooong time. The weather was perfect, the company was awesome, and the kids had a great time playing together instead of being left behind at the sitter.

I got to dive in two new spots, I'd never been in before. Frank, thanks for taking me down to VW, although I never did see it.:shakehead: It was great fun though, and I loved exploring a new part of Lake Murray. That wall was pretty cool. Sorry we lost you Craig, I kept looking behind me to make sure I still saw your light, turned around and ran into Frank (literally), turned back around to check on you, and you were gone...

Our dive over in the grasslands was really nice, the vis wasn't bad, and there are some very interesting rock formations over there that are pretty neat. I only saw one little bitty fish, but Craig saw several. Of course that's probably cause I have my nose in the rocks. (my son likes me to find neat rocks and fossils for him when I dive.) That was also the longest dive I've had yet!!

We had a great fire Saturday night, with good conversation, smores, and fun watching the boys eat those nasty crawdads. We will definitely have to do it all again. John is supposed to be back diving with us soon, so we will have to do it all over again, so he can do more than just visit for a few minutes.

Thanks to all who showed up, non-diving and diving, and made this such a great weekend.

Rhonda:D:D

I got to dive in two new spots, I'd never been in before. Frank, thanks for taking me down to VW, although I never did see it.:shakehead: It was great fun though, and I loved exploring a new part of Lake Murray. That wall was pretty cool. Sorry we lost you Craig, I kept looking behind me to make sure I still saw your light, turned around and ran into Frank (literally), turned back around to check on you, and you were gone...

I followed you two all the way down and just as I got to where the line was tied into the car, my light and hand disappeared into a pitch black total silt out. I wasn't interested in heading into that without the benefit of a line so I just hung back, knowing you two would have to come back that way. I just hit my turn pressure before you got back. I knew you two had more air than me (drysuit and all) and that Frank was slinging the pony so you two would be fine. I actually stayed at depth a minute or two more than I should have and was running lower on air than I like to be at the end. Still, plenty for a safe dive.

Our dive over in the grasslands was really nice, the vis wasn't bad, and there are some very interesting rock formations over there that are pretty neat. I only saw one little bitty fish, but Craig saw several. Of course that's probably cause I have my nose in the rocks. (my son likes me to find neat rocks and fossils for him when I dive.) That was also the longest dive I've had yet!!

Rhonda:D:D

That was a really nice dive. Especially the last half of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom