50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Count me in among the lucky ones with less than a month before turning 75 yrs old and still actively diving averaging at least 2 shores dives a month.
Where do you live? San Diego
Where do you dive? La jolla shores
Favorite dive shop? San Diego Divers.
Current certification? Rescue - Nitrox

Count me in among the lucky ones with less than a month before turning 75 yrs old and still actively diving averaging at least 2 shores dives a month.
Where do you live? San Diego
Where do you dive? La jolla shores
Favorite dive shop? San Diego Divers.
Current certification? Rescue - Nitrox

It's great to see an active diver older than me on this board. I turned 73 last month. I do solo inlet and jetty dives once or twice a week here in NJ when the water is warm enough to bring Gulf Stream tropical fishes inshore. I stopped doing deeper offshore boat dives in NJ a few years ago, but still do them in the Caribbean, which I visit twice each winter and dive about every other day on a typical two week trip.

64 in 3 days
Starting diving in Italy when i was 18,fishing special mussel.
last year 2 live aboard in Fiji +bull shark in BL.
Next year going to coco and Socorro.
The best : my wife love diving (45 years old) ,call her my second tank!
+ to keep in shape i swim 4 times a week for 1 hour.
Advanced + nitrox

51 years young.
Home: NC
Dive sites: Quarries, ocean, Lake Jocassee, Cooper river and the caves
Shop: My buddy's house (the compressor is there)
Current certs: too many to list but...Full Cave, Rec. Trimix, and finishing DPV, Trimix and Tech DM.

Hi

I started diving again thanks to a "mid-life opportunity."
I have logged dives in the Arabian Gulf, Red Sea and Gulf of Thailand. I am looking to arrange a two week dive holiday next autumn (e.g. Philippines, Indonesia, Bali, etc.)
I have finished my AOP and Enriched Air. I have finished my Rescue Diver eLearning and will take my EFR next weekend.
Take care all.

GJS

Seventy-nine last month.

Attachments

• IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 285
If you would like a good place for diving you should come join us in Grand Cayman. Cayman Marine Lab caters largely to the older crowd. Condition in Cayman are also pretty relaxed most of the time making diving exits and entries easy. If you have back, knee or any other problems we are happy to grab your gear and weights over the side of the boat making the trip up the ladder much easier. Dr Tom Byrnes is the shop owner and is 60 years old himself. Please feel free to send him an email if you are interested in diving with us tbyrnes@caymanmarinelab.com

OK, I am and wanted to see how many more of us are out there.
Where do you live?
Where do you dive?
Favorite dive shop?
Current certification?

Victoria BC Canada
Cold water
Dive shop, love em all
Instructor Trainer

I do about half my diving in cold water and thaw out in Asia or Mexico once or twice a year.
Just finished teaching a CCR class last week and will be teaching a CCR Trimix class next week.
Not as active as I was 5 years ago but diving still keeps me off the streets.

This thread is 8 years old, but I'll give it a shot!
56 (certified one year!)
Live in Shanghai China.
Have dove California, Phillipines, Thailand, Saipan. Soon to dive Caribbean, Mexico and Hawaii!
No fav dive shop
Just got my AOW.

I think it's great when people continue doing what they love, no matter how old (or shall I say young!) they are! I've had students in their 70's and they did absolutely great and I've had some in their 20's who turned out to be nightmares :) - No matter what it is, continue doing what you love so much and show those rookies how to do it! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom