50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OW certified in '91, took a hiatus from SCUBA for about 15 years and did only snorkel and free diving with family, but have gotten my Master, Nitrox and working on Divemaster certs recently. Would like to work on Instructor but can't find a place worth shooting around Central Texas.

I'll be 61 in June.

Brad

Where do you live? College Station, Texas and Cozumel, Mexico
Where do you dive? All over the world but I always come back to Cozumel.
Favorite dive shop? Aggieland Scuba, College Station, Texas
Current certification? Master, Nitrox, Divemaster
25 years experience. 1068 logged dives.

Turned 57 a few days ago.

I spend summers in Canada and winters in Cozumel. Now I dive exclusively in Cozumel and when here, I dive with an op called Living Underwater about 2x a week. By far, my favourite dive op of any I have dived with. Did my rescue cert with them several years ago. Thankfully, they are a "valet" op so no tank lifting/gear schlepping for this mature gal. I will be 63 in a couple of months.

Well drat, wish I woulda known you were in Coz. Would have been cool to dive with ya!
(Might be back late this year)

Dutchman: 56, live in central Florida, of late, but lived in Va Beach, VA for 26 years. Have something around 500+ dives, since I first registered for this forum, PADI dive master, SSI master diver, stress/rescue, SAR, boat, deep, wreck, low/no viz, EANX, night. I've been diving throughout the Caribbean, the Florida Keys, off of Virginia, Puerto Rico (wall dives, AWESOME reefs), Tahiti, Bora Bora, Morea, Oahu.

58...for two more months.

Conway, Arkansas

OW certification one year ago this week. Feel kinda of out of place with all these experienced divers. Wish I had started sooner but going to enjoy it while I can!

Have been to Cozumel and Belize for trips, dive our local lakes. Plan to do some spear fishing this summer and a trip to Hawaii (Big Island) in August or Sept. 45 dives.

I'll be 60 coming November.

I decided that I want to be a diver aged 12 in 1967 when I saw Costeau documentary. It was not until 2006 and I was in in my 51st year that I got the chance. I now have done close to 500 dives and enjoyed every one of them. Plan to retire from diving next year though, after achieving my goal of 500 Day Dives and 100 night dives.

Looking down the barrel of 70, coming up this July;
Favorite dive site: Coz
Favorite dive trip: Roatan
OW, NitrOx, Night - sneaking up on some Tec. dive training.

Look for me at 38', head down, focused, hoping for Nudibranch ...

Call me if you're going to dive Coz.

Last edited:
Just turned 52 couple weeks back and diving as much as possible. OW done in 87 and went tech in 08. Getting Cave cert done this season. Need to buy a boat so I can dive the great wrecks here in VB more often.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom