50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been diving in the pacific (Philippines, Indonesia)
Probably scaling back to the Caribbean this year
Boston
AOW

Cary, NC
Started at 52 and coming up on my 1000th dive this year

Usually dive with a group called DivingDivas, many are over 50. We travel all over

I am going July 2016 as part of an educationl trip, 2 days on land and then 7 on a live a board. Presently there is a spot for one female but all the deposits are not in. The cost is approximately 5,000 and air. contact me at dive@divingdivas.com if you want more details.

Didn't get certified until I was over 60. Now an instructor. Why did I wait so long"

Turn 60 this month.
Indianapolis, IN
Open Water and satisfied
Most diving has been in the Caribbean and haven't been to an island I didn't like!
Most dive shops have been good and I really like N2theBlue in St. Croix.

Certified with checkout dives in Grand Cayman in 1998. Didn't dive again until 7 years later......thanks to an aunt-in-law who moved right on the beach in St. Croix. Used to go on 1 dive trip a year. Now that I'm retired, I go on 2. This year I'll have at least 3!

65 ... certified at 55 .... spent a month on Utila in 2005. Great place to spend time and learn
Germantown, Maryland
Advanced PADI, Nitrox, Cavern certifications, 300+ dives
Most diving had been in the Caribbean plus the Galapagos, the Philippines, Australia GBR, and PNG.
Don't have a favorite dive shop ... sorry!!

I try to do at least 2 weeks of diving when I go and usually stay underwater as much as possible.

65 ... certified at 55 .... spent a month on Utila in 2005. Great place to spend time and learn
Germantown, Maryland
Advanced PADI, Nitrox, Cavern certifications, 300+ dives
Most diving had been in the Caribbean plus the Galapagos, the Philippines, Australia GBR, and PNG.
Don't have a favorite dive shop ... sorry!!

I try to do at least 2 weeks of diving when I go and usually stay underwater as much as possible.

I love Utila...spent a week diving there this march and am already thinking about heading back in October! Have a friend who lives there that usually does a few dive with me when I'm on the island.

59 here... Diving 41 years in May.

Currently live west of Toronto and Tobermory (where I am at the moment...)

I log about 100 - 120 dives a year. Trips this year... Roatan in January, Belize in March, East Coast of Canada (Gaspe) in July and northern British Columbia in October. Weekends are for diving in the Great Lakes, with Tobermory being "home base".

This is the view from my front yard earlier this evening.... Ugh...

Attachments

• iceugh.jpg
    iceugh.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 194
57 years young...certified in 1971. Took a few years off when my kids were born but got back into diving in a huge way in 2009 when my two sons got certified. I spend damn near every weekend at Humber Bay but try to get to Brockville and Tobermory a couple of times a year with a warm water trip at least once a year.

56 yrs. diving since 1976. Still doing 100+ divesper year. Never started counting dives but I got post 1,000 in this thread!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom