50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found out at the end of my recent trip to the Mexican caves in April that the young guy I was diving with actually posted something on his Facebook page about the client he had that week who was over 65! My original cave instructor saw the posting and knew right away who it was, and stopped by to tell me about it.

Finished up my April/May Raja Ampat - Banda - Ambon charter which included 2 women divers ages 75 and 76. Both were traveling solo - 1 from USA, 1 from Canada. They are both brilliant divers, and have been out with my group trips several times before. The only concession to age is one of them has gone from a huge DLSR camera rig to a GoPro.. easier to pack and haul around the baggage!

I'm 63. Organizing trips, doing most every dive, and taking care of all the travel, running errands for divers in my groups, etc. I'm finding that the over 60 divers are doing more dives than the under 60's! I'm sure that's not true everywhere, but I seem to get a very experienced, well-traveled, fit, bunch of divers on my trips.

NJ
Dutch Springs, Bethlehem, PA; Caribbean; FLa; NJ Offshore
Divemaster
On Staff at diveseekers.com (Hillsborough, NJ)

Australia
GBR and now live on the Sunshine Coast
Shore dives
Padi Adv

Fortunate to live in Townsvlle FNQ so dived all the top spots in the Coral Sea, Ribbon reefs and my favourite dive site The Yongala Wreck.
Have moved to the Sunshine Coast some years ago and dont dive as much as I used to but still do shore dives and the odd dive on the Brisbane Wreck.

Wow, it looks like a couple of years since I've been here. I'm a lot less grumpy since I went to Maui, Molokini, and Puerto Vallarta. I'll be even less so when I get to the night dive with the mantas off of Kona. Cancun is on my near-future list too and of course Cozumel. Since Belize is right there there's no way I could not dive the Blue Hole. I've given a lot of thought about moving to Hawai'i or Puerto Rico or some such place where I could dive every day. Everyone says Hawai'i is too expensive but all the dive-related stuff when I was there was cheaper than here in Southern California. Real estate is much cheaper too on Hawai'i if you don't mind a little lava flowing through your yard occasionally.

Don't miss the Kona Black Water dives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalko

alabama
roatan lately
aow, recreational since '87, bored
*considering commercial diving if they'll take me, what's a little under water welding right? :wink:

58 years young
wish I was retired, but need money to continue diving
cayman, belize, roatan, bonaire, hawaii, palau, yap, n.c., fla.
padi- master diver whatever that means :)
Lori Beth

I am in too! 52 here soon to be 53.

Where do you live? Portland Oregon

Where do you dive? Seattle Washington mostly

Favorite dive shop? Oregon City Scuba

Current certification? NAUI AOW w/ NAUI dry suit and Nitrox

My wife is 50. We just did Cozumel with OC Scuba in April and we are going to Roatan next spring with them too. we liked liked Cozumel so much we want to go back again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom