50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where do you live?
Hong Kong
Where do you dive? Hong Kong; Philippines (Puerta Gallera and Boracay); Thailand (Phuket and Similans). Hoping to dive in Okinawa soon!
Favorite dive shop? Don't really have one
Current certification? Padi open water. 80% completed BSAC's Sport Diver program

I'm 54, learned to dive 2 years ago and have logged 41 dives to date. I joined the local BSAC club, and am happy with both it and the BSAC approach. Nice people who are happy to teach and very safety conscious. Good value for money too!

Where do you live? Key Largo and Michigan
Where do you dive? Cozumel, Bonaire, Belize, etc.
Favorite dive shop? Ocean Divers in Key Largo
Current certification? SSI Advanced

Two of us. 71 and 73.

I just turned 50 in September. :)

Where do you live?
Cerritos, California

Where do you dive?
Mostly shore dives in southern California

Favorite dive shop?
Not really. I DIY as much as I can, then spread the love.

Current certification?
Open Water ~300 dives now.

I am 66 and my buddy wife 65. We live in Belgium.
Got PADI DM certified @ 50 Year old and done our IANTD Advanced Nitrox last year.
Still 50+ dives per year in tropical places and at depth down to 120 feet.

This picture, taken in Sudan during our IANTD Training :)

PICT0055.jpg

I live in the UK and I am 54, my dive buddy is 69. I did my OW last year in Thailand and my AOW on Pulau Weh/Indonesia. To date I have managed to log 45 dives. We tend to dive in South East Asia, mainly Indonesia. We both got our Nitrox certification a few weeks back.

I will be a month away from 69 when I hit Cozumel in Feb. with my nephew who is a new diver. He has asked me to be his buddy on his first salt water dives. I am dusting off the dive gear and getting excited to be back underwater, it has been a number of years.

Curious, how many are single and over 50 and diving?

Hmmm, maybe they should start putting our age, marital status, and other statistics over there along with our personal info :wink: Height/weight proportional? I never knew what that meant :|

To answer your question, I'm 62, divorced, but currently involved with a lovely lady I met on a dating site :love2:

As far as the diving goes, I expect to be in Cancun in December and most likely will also dive Cozumel and visit Belize and dive the Blue Hole. I'm not sure about Cenote--sounds like cave diving to me and I'm scared to death of drowning :shocked2: but the 500' visibility is very appealing :D

Back
Top Bottom