50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Am 58 years young and am very excited about diving. Live in the suburbs of Chicago and am a warm water diver. Lake Michigan too cold, BRRRRR. Yes I know there's a lot to dive on there but prefer the warm Caribbean waters. Am AOW certified and love to dive the wrecks in the warm Caribbean water. Going to Aruba in a couple weeks and will be in Truk Lagoon in October to see my instructor daughter.

THAT was real diving!
All this arguing today, over jacket BCD's, back inflate BCD's and BP/W's, is weird to watch, coming from a 1970's dive background. From that perspective they are all pretty much similar, and use the same technology, and do the same job!

Happy BirthDay Joyce!

Boston
Anywhere but mostly warm water wrecks and caverns
Scuba.com
AOW/Nitrox

53 years old and live in the Denver CO area. Have been diving for 5 years with little over 100 dives . Have an assistant instructors card and likely will get my instructors card in the next year after I get some more experience assisting. Dive Cozumel because it is good diving, inexpensive, close, and easy to plan trips. I also dove the Channel Islands, Roatan, Cabo and some fresh water sites. Thinking about taking up tech diving. Anybody else out there take up tech diving after 50? I would like to do a Florida Keys trip this fall and need a partner if anybody is interested

I would like to do a Florida Keys trip this fall and need a partner if anybody is interested

I'm looking for a diver to share a room with me somehwere in the caribbean from 10/2 - 10/9... as usual, all the good deals are based on double occupancy. If you change your mind about heading down to the keys let me know.

If anyone else on this thread has that week off and wants to go diving pm me. :D

I live in Miami Fl. I like diving Miami to West Palm! I have been diving since 1981. Was taught by Hal Watts Mr. Scuba. Logged over 5000 dives

Diving since 1987. AOW certified 1990
Did mostly cold Ontario diving including certified ice diver 1988 until I got married to a non-diver in 1994. Couldn't get him interested for 17 years.
Last year he tries at Sandals in Cuba and he's hooked. :D
Bought each other equipment for Christmas.
Heading back to Sandals in Cuba for 2 weeks in September so he can get certified.
We'll only be doing warm water diving.
Already planning Feb 2011 trip to either Roatan or Utila with our LDS where we bought our stuff.

Betty

*This is going to make our retirement more expensive. :shocked2:

I am 53, living in SE Florida. I have been diving since 1986.

CCR Hypoxic Trimix
Full Cave
OC Hypoxic Trimix
Divemaster
DPV
Thousands of dives
Really Grumpy

Oak Point Texas
Cancun, Cozumel,Belize, Roaton and Clear Spring Scuba Park (to stay wet in between Blue Water Dives)
Scuba Toys
AOW, Nitrox

Looking for Dive Buddy for this weekend 7/24 or 7/25 at CSSP if anyone is interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom