• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

50+ year old divers

Discussion in 'Grumpy Old Divers' started by Dutchman, Jun 3, 2006.

1. arubajohn1952

arubajohn1952 Guest

Am 58 years young and am very excited about diving. Live in the suburbs of Chicago and am a warm water diver. Lake Michigan too cold, BRRRRR. Yes I know there's a lot to dive on there but prefer the warm Caribbean waters. Am AOW certified and love to dive the wrecks in the warm Caribbean water. Going to Aruba in a couple weeks and will be in Truk Lagoon in October to see my instructor daughter.

2. gypsyjim

gypsyjim I have an alibi ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    THAT was real diving!
    All this arguing today, over jacket BCD's, back inflate BCD's and BP/W's, is weird to watch, coming from a 1970's dive background. From that perspective they are all pretty much similar, and use the same technology, and do the same job!

Happy BirthDay Joyce!

3. Pinto

Pinto Contributor

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Boston
    Anywhere but mostly warm water wrecks and caverns
    Scuba.com
    AOW/Nitrox

4. mweaver40

mweaver40 Instructor, Scuba

53 years old and live in the Denver CO area. Have been diving for 5 years with little over 100 dives . Have an assistant instructors card and likely will get my instructors card in the next year after I get some more experience assisting. Dive Cozumel because it is good diving, inexpensive, close, and easy to plan trips. I also dove the Channel Islands, Roatan, Cabo and some fresh water sites. Thinking about taking up tech diving. Anybody else out there take up tech diving after 50? I would like to do a Florida Keys trip this fall and need a partner if anybody is interested

5. coralcruiser

coralcruiser Contributor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I'm looking for a diver to share a room with me somehwere in the caribbean from 10/2 - 10/9... as usual, all the good deals are based on double occupancy. If you change your mind about heading down to the keys let me know.

If anyone else on this thread has that week off and wants to go diving pm me. :D

6. diversdream

diversdream Registered

# of Dives:
    I live in Miami Fl. I like diving Miami to West Palm! I have been diving since 1981. Was taught by Hal Watts Mr. Scuba. Logged over 5000 dives

7. BettyfromToronto

BettyfromToronto Contributor

Diving since 1987. AOW certified 1990
    Did mostly cold Ontario diving including certified ice diver 1988 until I got married to a non-diver in 1994. Couldn't get him interested for 17 years.
    Last year he tries at Sandals in Cuba and he's hooked. :D
    Bought each other equipment for Christmas.
    Heading back to Sandals in Cuba for 2 weeks in September so he can get certified.
    We'll only be doing warm water diving.
    Already planning Feb 2011 trip to either Roatan or Utila with our LDS where we bought our stuff.

Betty

*This is going to make our retirement more expensive. :shocked2:

8. swadiver

swadiver Registered

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    I am 53, living in SE Florida. I have been diving since 1986.

CCR Hypoxic Trimix
    Full Cave
    OC Hypoxic Trimix
    Divemaster
    DPV
    Thousands of dives
    Really Grumpy

9. JdLag1

JdLag1 Contributor

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Oak Point Texas
    Cancun, Cozumel,Belize, Roaton and Clear Spring Scuba Park (to stay wet in between Blue Water Dives)
    Scuba Toys
    AOW, Nitrox

Looking for Dive Buddy for this weekend 7/24 or 7/25 at CSSP if anyone is interested.

10. JamesBon92007

JamesBon92007 Contributor

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    I like that! If you dive long enough you become a GOD! :wink: