50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where do you live? Roseville, CA (near Sacramento)
Where do you dive? IndoPacific when I can (Fiji, Indonesia... next stop the Philippines)
Favorite dive shop? My nearest one :wink:
Current certification? MSD, Wreck, Shark, a number of others including longtime OFDA membership
Began diving in 1956: J-valve, weights cast from toothpaste tubes (which were lead then) on a canvas belt and no gauges is how we did it - much nicer gear now. My dry suit, however, lives up to its name these days, as I am a certified w.w.w. (well, I retire that briefly for places like Kangaroo Island in South Australia!)

It sucks that I can even qualify to post on this thread!!! :D

Age? 51 and adding...!
Where do you live? North Carolina, @ 1 hour northwest of Charlotte...
Where do you dive? International/Caribbean, NC coast, Florida, lakes, and quarry's!
Favorite dive shop? Any one that is open when I need something...!
Current certification? AOW, EANx

OK, I am and wanted to see how many more of us are out there.
Where do you live?
Where do you dive?
Favorite dive shop?
Current certification?

My current age is 52. I was certified in 1991 in Raleigh, NC and still live in the area. Most of my diving is either off the coast of NC or in the Caribbean. Really love the Caribbean for the quaility of diving, the ease of getting to most places, and the price. I don't really know how many dives I have. I stopped counting once I reached 500. I guess I just got to lazy to log them. I try to do about 3 trips a year. Currently AOW and that seems to be good enough for anything I've encountered.

Where do you live? West GA
Where do you dive? Anywhere there's water, salt or fresh
Favorite dive shop? The closest shop around and I really like dive shops that open early
Current certification? Trimix

Where do you live? Roseville, CA (near Sacramento)
Where do you dive? IndoPacific when I can (Fiji, Indonesia... next stop the Philippines)
Favorite dive shop? My nearest one :wink:
Current certification? MSD, Wreck, Shark, a number of others including longtime OFDA membership
Began diving in 1956: J-valve, weights cast from toothpaste tubes (which were lead then) on a canvas belt and no gauges is how we did it - much nicer gear now. My dry suit, however, lives up to its name these days, as I am a certified w.w.w. (well, I retire that briefly for places like Kangaroo Island in South Australia!)

Love Fiji and Indonesia... just got back from 5 days in Bali (unfortunately, it wasn't a dive trip but did have fun anyway).

Am looking forward to heading back for diving!!

Haven't made it to the Philippines but they're on my list. :D

52. Live in the SF Bay area of California. Certified with SSI in '95, I have ~100 dives now. Open water with nitrox and working on navi. Most of my diving has been on the west coast, Monterey based. I've hit Cabo San Lucas and Roatan a couple of times too. My plan is after I retire to spend a few months roaming and diving the Solomons, Chuuk, and Indonesia, maybe Thailand. Then spend a lot of time in Roatan and Utila.

got certified last april. been diving in the Bahamas, west coast of Canada and the mountain lakes of alberta. 40 dives, I guess I want to get as far as i can before this old body wears old lol

53 -- got certified last year (OW/AOW). Nitrox and dry suit this year. Rescue and more next year. Live outside of Chicago. Local diving at Haigh Quarry. Also Puget Sound and BVI. Lots more to come.

Back
Top Bottom