50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Born in 1953

OW cert acheived in Vanauatu.
Favorite dive sites are around Heron Is. in the GBR
Only have 13 dives but am being transferred to South Africa late this year, so hope to build on that #
No favorite dive shop cause we move around too much

Heading back to Roatan in July... spent a week on Roatan last summer!
Lynn

I'm 67, (almost) Cert in 05, AOW, Rescue, Geezer Gas, just finishing my Divemaster course.
Lots of cold water diving, Lake Erie, Lake Huron, Detroit River, Tobermory, St Lawrence, Ohio quarries. Some Caribbean, fave spot at the moment ...Cozumel, 'cuz I'm a lazy old fart

OK, I am 70 and dive allmost every weekend in the summer in the quarrys in PA and Ohio. Also the Florida gulf in the winter when it is not too cold or too rough (and anywhere else I happen to be). I have been diving for 4 years, ever since my son got me into it, and I fell in love with the sport. I don't do deep dives or hard dives; prefer to dive between 20 and 50 feet and just mosey around underwater looking at whatever is there. I do get a physical every year, take no medicne (except a vitiman pill) and seem to be in good health. I have been active all my life and I hope I am able to stay that way.

50 plus and just getting back into diving in the North Florida area with at least 1 trip per year to the Keys. The gear doesn't get any lighter but the diving makes it all worthwhile.

60 I do between 50 to 75 dives a year, part Caribbean, part Quarry and Great Lakes.

I would rather be eaten by a Shark than die in a piss soaked nursing home.

Okay, it's official. I get to join this club today.

For a wee bit of background, I was certified in 1974, up in Massachusetts. Early dive gear included a tank with plastic backplate and single camband, with J valve. No spg on the reg, just pull the wire when you run out of air. Also no Octo, we didn't need no stinkin' octo's! And, never heard of a BCD, we simply used horse collars with choice of oral inflation, or a CO2 cartridge to deploy in case of emergency.

Boy, does this ever make me sound old! :shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom