5 vs 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwhities:
I'd like to get a can light but, that's just way to much, unless I find a good deal on one. I should be getting my 7' hose in next week sometime. just trying to find the less expensive place to purchase it from.

Michael
WWW.diveriteexpress.com
:D

For those without a can light and wanting to use a 7' hose, I'd suggest routing the hose under a pair of shears attached on the right side of your waist belt. That's what I do when I don't want to bring my light (e.g. tropical day diving or certain rocky shore dives). Hose tucks very well.

A great place for hoses is Tech Diving Limited.

I'm a pretty small guy (5'8", 155 lbs) so I figured a 5' would be best. Wrong. I've tried both a 7' and a 5' and I now much prefer the 7'. The 5' just doesn't route well for me. It is just too tight and interfers with the bungeed octo. I was always checking to make sure it went under and not over the octo. With the 7', I tuck it underneath my waste strap and then route it straight up my left side and around the back of my neck. I definitely like the way it routes better than the 5'.

Yeah, I have my knide from DSS on my right side and I plan to tuck the hose under it. If tht doesn't work, I do have a pair of shears too.

I'm going to go by and pick my hose up today. LDS called and said it came in.

Michael

I keep my knife on my left side (standard hog positioning) and just add the shears. Not sure the knife sheath reaches far enough down to allow proper hose routing (I'd imagine the hose simply wouldn't stay tucked away). Give it a shot, though.

I'll try it both ways and see what I can come up with or at least which seems to work better for myself.

Michael

It doesn't take a lot, frankly. When I don't have my can light for whatever reason, I've made do with as little as the weights in my pocket weight belt or a pouch of some sort off the waist belt. Anything that hangs down just far enough to create a ledge to capture the hose.

A 7' hose is a great thing!!

See this. :)

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom