5 vs 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a finger spool but, I figure I could just tuck it into my belt and see how that works.

AND, that's the other thing I need to work on to see if I can do it. Deploying a SMB at depth (30feet) or so with one-hand. Maybe I'll start another thread on that.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Michael

mwhities:
I have a finger spool but, I figure I could just tuck it into my belt and see how that works.

AND, that's the other thing I need to work on to see if I can do it. Deploying a SMB at depth (30feet) or so with one-hand. Maybe I'll start another thread on that.

Michael
Check out the Manta JR. Expensive reel, but you only need 1 hand to release the lock.
http://www.mantaind.com/services.htm
I know, off topic thread.

Everyone has pretty much summed it up already, but just in case - I went against everyone's advice on a 7' hose because I currently only dive singles and don't have a can light. I thought a 7' hose would be too much. I am 6'2" and while the 5' isn't worthless it is a little restricting. I wish I'd gone with the 7'.

mwhities:

Michael
Tucking the hose under a belt doesn't work for me. It keeps sliding out because I dive wet and the suit crushes at depth. Also because I like to move around. I've tried with a BC and BP/W. It's better with the BP/W, but still prefer to have something to tuck it behind like a reel or light.

Manta makes some really nice reels. They also sell the Green Force lights which are awesome.

At 6'3", I went with the 7' hose for singles, doubles, everything. No problems whatsoever, without a can light.

I have a can light now, but before I got it, I used a DiveRite pouch on my waist belt, and routed under that. Plus I had a handy pocket to store things in!

Another option I see mentioned a lot is to route under a knife mounted on your waist belt.

But best is to save your pennies, and keep your eyes out for a used can light. :wink:

im 6'5" and i have a 7' hose ... since i don't have a can light yet i route it under a knife. it works great ... of course if you have to use your knife be careful with it, you don't want to compromise your air :wink:

I'd like to get a can light but, that's just way to much, unless I find a good deal on one. I should be getting my 7' hose in next week sometime. just trying to find the less expensive place to purchase it from.

Michael

Your primary hose needs to be long enough to donate. Then allow buddy to swim in front of donner out in a single file line. That is why 7ft is prefered. Route the 7ft straight down off right post tuck under can lite or slid in waist strap. Then across, behind and around. Use my pic in avator to reference hose routing. My primary is STROKE yellow. Good Luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom