$5, 5 minute bcd flush hose build.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So that means I can just thread a garden hose right into my tank for a post dive wash, right?

Yep, idea is you hook it to your garden hose, clip it into the inflator and rinse and flush the inflator and the bladder.

:stooges:

Yep, idea is you hook it to your garden hose, clip it into the inflator and rinse and flush the inflator and the bladder

Fun fact, I love tools way too much. So I'm thinking about making this adapter on a lathe and my first thought was what the NPS thread on a hose bib would be. Imagine that, it's a 3/4-14, just like an AL80, so I already have the tap. Kewl. I'm going to think this through!

An adapter would be nice, hose thread on 1 side and lph on the other, just screw them together and you're in business. No metal lathe in my garage...

If you end up making them, make sure you cut me in as a partner before you go on shark tank! :)

No metal lathe in my garage...
Check your area... I belong to the "Gainesville Hacker Space" which is a part of the maker movement. I have access to 3d printers, MIG/TIG/Arc welders, plasma cutters, even more wood tools, electronics and a lot of people who know to work the machines that I don't know how to work. I love it.

Cool. Great job. Thankfully my Zeagle wing has a built in adapter on the corrogated hose. Unscrew the inlator thing and screw in a garden hose. Quite interesting but not as much fun as your DIY

....This is what a hole looks like. ....
ScubaBoard "Best Post of the Day" winner,,,Nice writeup Nathan !!

-snip- my first thought was what the NPS thread on a hose bib would be. Imagine that, it's a 3/4-14, just like an AL80, so I already have the tap. Kewl. I'm going to think this through!
So that means I can just thread a garden hose right into my tank for a post dive wash, right?

:stooges:

Yep, idea is you hook it to your garden hose, clip it into the inflator and rinse and flush the inflator and the bladder
Sorry bad joke, I guess. I was poking @The Chairman for fun.

Actually, It is a great how-to, Nathan. If I come across a used BC hose for cheap, I'll give one a whirl myself!

Attachments

• Bc-Flush-Adapter12682-6844.jpg
    Bc-Flush-Adapter12682-6844.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 124
If the hole was drilled to the proper size the silicon should not be necessary because the o-ring on the lp hose should seal against the cap. Though not perfectly because it is the wrong application for a o-ring.

That said one could just use a flat washer, which you will need anyways to seal the against the hose bib. A normal garden hose washer is 5/8" ID x 1" OD x 1/8" thick but here a 3/8" ID x 1" OD x 1/8" thick rubber washer would work. If you can not find one, make one from a scrap piece of 3mm neoprene.

With either skipping the silicon mess will also let one continue to use the LP hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom