$5, 5 minute bcd flush hose build.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice solution to rinsing, looks solid. I particularly like projects that involve finding uses for old parts.

Cameron

Check your area... I belong to the "Gainesville Hacker Space" which is a part of the maker movement. I have access to 3d printers, MIG/TIG/Arc welders, plasma cutters, even more wood tools, electronics and a lot of people who know to work the machines that I don't know how to work. I love it.

With great power comes great responsibility. :D
20181202_104442.jpg

With great power comes great responsibility. :D
And often presents of Tequila! :D :D :D I so want to put an :sblogo: on the glasses.

I always expected proof of time travel to occur somewhere else than a scuba forum. But here it is, inarguable proof that time travel is possible. Obviously someone from the future read about my amazing invention then traveled back to some time BEFORE I posted it, and introduced it to the market.

Judgement day is real people. Kiss your loved ones before the uprising begins!

I have roughly 42 bilion loose nuts and bolts of every size, except the one I actually needed so I had to go buy 1 single solitary nut. Which is irritating.

I hate that....

Thanks for the inspiration on this project. I found a plastic hose connector to small drip line fitting at the hardware store which plugged right into an old bcd hose (after applying some heat) for under $3. Worked great to flush my BCD after diving last weekend.

(Yes, it's a necrobump.)

I just replaced another inflator valve because it's more of a pain to service it, and I wasn't flushing it well. Found this thread and thought "I can 3D print that!"

Success: SCUBA BCD garden hose flush adapter by lairdb

Here's a couple of images; more at the Thingiverse link.

UPmu0Jj.png

YKIf88W.png

Main thread here.

Fun fact, I love tools way too much. So I'm thinking about making this adapter on a lathe and my first thought was what the NPS thread on a hose bib would be. Imagine that, it's a 3/4-14, just like an AL80, so I already have the tap. Kewl. I'm going to think this through!
I thought in the US the garden hose thread was NH 3/4 x 11.5.

I thought in the US the garden hose thread was NH 3/4 x 11.5.

Yep. The NPSH 3/4-14 is rare and not what we USAians think of as "garden hose".

Back
Top Bottom