4 days in Manila -should we go to Anilao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are two very nice pools and the staff are really friendly , so I'm sure that they would love it there. However there are steps like everywhere else in Anilao , so you might like to ask for a room as near the pool as possible. There is also a shingle narrow sea front / beach area.

When I was there in February the water was cold so we did just one tank dives and came back to warm up between dives. However I understand that they usually do two tank dives in the morning , then lunch at the resort , then an afternoon dive , then back and a night dive if you want. There were only local guides and instructors there when I was there , they were just fantastic spotters and so nice and kind to us all.

I'm not sure about Diving from PG from there. I know that they do Verde Island if there so enough demand and if the weather permits. However the diving in Anilao is awesome.

Have a brilliant trip.

Thank you so much! We plan to go in May first week so hopefully water is warm. Few more questions if you don't mind pls:
How is the area nearby? Anything to do or you are pretty much on the resort?
Is the area still feeling the effects of the typhoon? I read a trip report from Jan that said lots of critters are no longer there :(
Also, how was the divemaster to divers ratio? One of the divers in our group is a beginner so want to make sure he will feel safe! :)

There are two very nice pools and the staff are really friendly , so I'm sure that they would love it there. However there are steps like everywhere else in Anilao , so you might like to ask for a room as near the pool as possible. There is also a shingle narrow sea front / beach area.

When I was there in February the water was cold so we did just one tank dives and came back to warm up between dives. However I understand that they usually do two tank dives in the morning , then lunch at the resort , then an afternoon dive , then back and a night dive if you want. There were only local guides and instructors there when I was there , they were just fantastic spotters and so nice and kind to us all.

I'm not sure about Diving from PG from there. I know that they do Verde Island if there so enough demand and if the weather permits. However the diving in Anilao is awesome.

Have a brilliant trip.

Thank you so much! We plan to go in May first week so hopefully water is warm. Few more questions if you don't mind pls:
Is the area still feeling the effects of the typhoon? I read a trip report from Jan that said
Is the area still feeling the effects of the typhoon? I read a trip report from Jan that said lots of critters are no longer there :(
Also, how was the divemaster to divers ratio? One of the divers in our group is a beginner so want to make sure he will feel safe! :)
Hi again

There are only dive resorts around , so really there is nothing to do.

I was there long before the most recent typhoon , but the Philippines has developed great expertise in recovering from typhoons. So by the time you get there , you should not see any evidence of this. A group of us had met in a previous resort and we became friends with another Buddy pair in Buceo . So we all dived as one group with 2 guides but that was by our choice. If you say tell them that you want a small group when you book I'm sure they will arrange this for you.

I hope this helps.

Sad news...Buceo is fully booked for the week we r traveling :(

Is there another resort you would recommend? I was looking at Aiyanar or La Chavrerie on Trip Advisor but not sure how the dive ops there are?

Thank you again in advance!

Sad news...Buceo is fully booked for the week we r traveling :(

Is there another resort you would recommend? I was looking at Aiyanar or La Chavrerie on Trip Advisor but not sure how the dive ops there are?

Thank you again in advance!

Take a look at Acacia Dive Resort. Stayed there for a few days last January. Non-diving guests included. Good guides, pool and lounge areas. Reasonable prices for the quality of the resort.

Although I don't like them very much for their lack of customer relationship, I must reckon Aiyanar has a beautiful dive centre, very well equipped the downside is the price.

La Chevrerie is not really a dive oriented resort,where you would dive your head off, that said I am certain you could ask a freelance guide to arrange your diving.

I second Acacia Resort recommandation, personally it's the resort I like best in the area.

If you need personal care from a dive guide or want to dive you and your partner alone, I would suggest contacting Dennis Corpuz or one of his brothers. Dennis is my favorite guide all over the world, of course we have a passion for photography in common and I wouldn't dive Anilao without him, but he also manages fun dive guiding for his customers.In one word he is the best dive op in Anilao.
Check out his site anilaocritter.com , he can also arrange for accoms and transfers from Manila.

Although I don't like them very much for their lack of customer relationship, I must reckon Aiyanar has a beautiful dive centre, very well equipped the downside is the price.

La Chevrerie is not really a dive oriented resort,where you would dive your head off, that said I am certain you could ask a freelance guide to arrange your diving.

I second Acacia Resort recommandation, personally it's the resort I like best in the area.

If you need personal care from a dive guide or want to dive you and your partner alone, I would suggest contacting Dennis Corpuz or one of his brothers. Dennis is my favorite guide all over the world, of course we have a passion for photography in common and I wouldn't dive Anilao without him, but he also manages fun dive guiding for his customers.In one word he is the best dive op in Anilao.
Check out his site anilaocritter.com , he can also arrange for accoms and transfers from Manila.

Ah thank you so much! Does Dennis have his own boat/tanks etc then that he brings with him? I've heard his name being mentioned in other posts too

Ah thank you so much! Does Dennis have his own boat/tanks etc then that he brings with him? I've heard his name being mentioned in other posts too
He hires a boat and a captain from outside, but gets the tanks filled at the resort, takes lunch & sometimes dinner with you, and so on.
In Anilao the dive centres are accustomed to freelance guides, the thing is that his prices will vary according to the dive centre you're starting the dive from.

For me Acacia+ Dennis is the winning combination.

He hires a boat and a captain from outside, but gets the tanks filled at the resort, takes lunch & sometimes dinner with you, and so on.
In Anilao the dive centres are accustomed to freelance guides, the thing is that his prices will vary according to the dive centre you're starting the dive from.

For me Acacia+ Dennis is the winning combination.

Just our luck. Denis is booked too :( Think it's a busy week we are coming!

So now that we have to go with dive op attached with the resort, would you still recommend Acacia over Aiyanar?

Back
Top Bottom