3 more weeks!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
okay, it's now 3 weeks until our big trip to FLA and we are both starting to get excited and nervous. I am already starting to have "diving dreams"....

Our last 2 ocean dive trips we had water temps around 80 degrees and my husband was hot on every dive in his 3mm fullsuit. He would like to buy a skin to use for this trip but we are wondering if the water temps will be that warm. We will be in Pompano & Boynton at the end of this month -- What do you think?

robint

I'm going to Pompano over Memorial Day for a week and all I plan to take is a skin. Water temps are already about 77 degrees.

Mike

BTW... Congrats on the 20th Anniversary. Hope you have a great time.

MY01SHADOW:
I'm going to Pompano over Memorial Day for a week and all I plan to take is a skin. Water temps are already about 77 degrees.

Mike

BTW... Congrats on the 20th Anniversary. Hope you have a great time.

thanks! We are very excited. I think I am going to get him a microprene he saw yesterday. Wow - 77 degrees already! I am so psyched. Warm water - woo hoo!!!

robint
3 days with Seahorse and 3 days with Splashdown!!! Let's dive!!!

hey guys, little heads up for you...( Understand that I am personally highly allergic to these little monsters) I ran into some sea lice a few days ago, you might want to wear a skin!

Skin!?! 77 degrees... brrr I'll stick with my long sleeve 3mm shorty until 85 degrees plus thank you very much.. heck I don't even shed my hood until 73 degrees.

Question for ya Vickie - since sea lice likes to find places to nestle and hide, why wear a skin where they can snuggle up close at the neck, wrist and collar lines? In all my swim suit and speedo diving I've not had this strange affliction of sea lice :D

Remember that between Mother's Day and Father's Day is the height of sea lice.
Whatever you do don't dive without some cover and make sure you rinse very well immediately after exiting the water, otherwise you will remember not to do it again for a weeek to 10 days.

CBulla:
Question for ya Vickie - since sea lice likes to find places to nestle and hide, why wear a skin where they can snuggle up close at the neck, wrist and collar lines? In all my swim suit and speedo diving I've not had this strange affliction of sea lice :D

we have no experience at all with these guys - wearing a fullsuit and hoody should keep us covered up enough, right? any helpful hints, please!

robint

Irregardless of what you wear, the most important thing to do is rinse well with fresh water after exiting the water. If you wear a skin or wetsuit, strip it off between dives.. the longer you wear the stuff without a wash down the more likely you'll be carrying around sea buddies!

Read this for info:
http://www.fau.edu/safe/sea-lice.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom