26 year old ScubaPro Jet Fins finally broke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought my wife some new V-12's, but I keep coming back to the jets. Actually I just bought a pair used on Ebay for $11 (plus $12 shipping) and they are like new.

I just got my brand new Scuba Pro Jet fins and after a one hour work-out, I've noticed that they are a lot stiffer than the old pair I used to love using. I still have one old fin that did not split and there is a noticeable difference between the old and new. Are the new ones much stiffer or did mine just get more flexible over the years of use?

I can see where this post could possibly degenerate if it is misconstrued, just hope not. I am serious in my question. Any incite?

I just got my brand new Scuba Pro Jet fins and after a one hour work-out, I've noticed that they are a lot stiffer than the old pair I used to love using. I still have one old fin that did not split and there is a noticeable difference between the old and new. Are the new ones much stiffer or did mine just get more flexible over the years of use?

I can see where this post could possibly degenerate if it is misconstrued, just hope not. I am serious in my question. Any incite?

I bought my Jets in 1975. In comparing my Jets with the new ones in my LDS, the new ones seem to be stiffer than mine. I would attribute that to age and use. I've tried other fins, but I always come back to my Jets. :palmtree: Bob

Check your Jets for the lightning bolt that goes thru the logo stamped on the top of the fin, if it does not have that lightning bolt it will not be under the lifetime warranty and will not be replaced . The older Jets do not have the lightning bolt,later manufactured Jets do have it.check post # 9 here
Ontario Diving

They switched the compound sometime in the early 80's- made them much lighter, so that may be the source of the added stiffness. Question for the previous poster- why would something with a "lifetime warrantee" not be included w/out the lightning bolt? Mine were pre "lightning" and were replaced free of charge- with a pair of terrible "Veloce" fins that went in the garbage. My current Twin Jet Max's may not be far behind the Veloce's- they're weak compared to a lot of the stuff that's out there and I'm truly disappointed in them...particularly given the dear prices they charge. For somebody looking for a more modern fin than the Jet's- check out the Mares stuff with the channels- like the quattro superchannel Avantis... pretty sweet blade fins without all the weight.

They switched the compound sometime in the early 80's- made them much lighter, so that may be the source of the added stiffness. Question for the previous poster- why would something with a "lifetime warrantee" not be included w/out the lightning bolt? Mine were pre "lightning" and were replaced free of charge- with a pair of terrible "Veloce" fins that went in the garbage. My current Twin Jet Max's may not be far behind the Veloce's- they're weak compared to a lot of the stuff that's out there and I'm truly disappointed in them...particularly given the dear prices they charge. For somebody looking for a more modern fin than the Jet's- check out the Mares stuff with the channels- like the quattro superchannel Avantis... pretty sweet blade fins without all the weight.

I dont know, maybe your LDS was doing you a favour by replacing your fins for you with a different brand. when I went to my LDS they told me the same thing, pre lightning bolt jets have no lifetime warranty and also it may be different rules in the U.S.A than in Canada. It would be interesting to know if thats the case and others on this board have gotten new Jets for their old broken no lightning bolt Jets??

Forget the Jets...go with Scuba Pro Split Fins...by far the most popular and superior fin on the market for today and tomorrow.

Forget the Jets...go with Scuba Pro Split Fins...by far the most popular and superior fin on the market for today and tomorrow.

...only they have a lot less power than the other splits out there~ They are easy on your legs, but they're not competitively fast or powerful. Better choices avail- I'll sell my XL's for $125 if anybody desperately wants 'em.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom