26 year old ScubaPro Jet Fins finally broke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still have my jets from '69, but alas they are WAY too small. Now my daughter uses them. I dive the XL size now and I love them. It's hard to teach an old frog new kicks. :D

I still have my jets from '69, but alas they are WAY too small. Now my daughter uses them. I dive the XL size now and I love them. It's hard to teach an old frog new kicks. :D

I thought I was doing good with mine from '88. You've got me beat. I wouldn't trade them for anything else.

I bought them from Hal Watts Scuba on Colonial Drive from the fossil himself. :D

I still have mine from '79. Had to replace the straps a couple times, but that's it.

My youngest son is just starting his open water next week and has inherited them. Being 16, he is wondering about their coolness...

Thanks for the input..... I saw a new pair on E-Bay for $65.00 and they are on their way. Figured I might as well stay with whats tried and true! Aside from diving, I also swim 1 1/2 miles, several times a week in a pool with them for conditioning and I like the negative buoyancy. Makes it easier to keep my feet under water.

I use mine also for pool workouts. 40 minutes a couple of times each week, I really like the jets a lot for that in addition to diving with them. I just like the feel of them.

Mitch

I just ditched my Atomic Aquatics for the Jet fins:D

I thought I was a dinosaur but I've been beat. Bought my Jets in 1975 from Dive N Surf in Redondo Beach. Always kept sprayed down with silicone after diving but they have some softness around the top of the foot pocket but . Still rotate them through the collection from time to time. They've always impressed me with their power.

Back
Top Bottom