25th Anniversary - heading to Maui!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AevnsGrandpa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Well this year is my 25th wedding anniversary and the wife and I are heading back to Maui!

We were there for our 20th and that is when I got the bug to learn how to dive. Now I'm coming back a AOW and want to see what I could not before. The wife still just snorkels so I'm wondering where the best shore dives would be and or the boat operators that handle both divers and snorkelers. I've read on other posts that Pacific Dive is a good place to get gear and B&B is a good place to boat dive with. Interested in you alls opinions.

We'll be there the last week of May.

Stay in Kaanapali and snorkeled last time up at Kapalua beach I think it was.

Thanks for the input!!

Jeff

Congratulations, we did our 30th anniversary on Maui and Blesi of B&B Scuba took this photo of us on our special day. I had just given my wife a little bracelet during a dive on Molokini and she caught the moment.

kiss.jpg

Great picture!!

Yes we will be staying again in Kaanapali, at the Mahana.

Where is a dive shop close to that area I can rent from? I'll check out B&B's site for trip info.

Jeff

Great picture!!

Yes we will be staying again in Kaanapali, at the Mahana.

Where is a dive shop close to that area I can rent from? I'll check out B&B's site for trip info.

Jeff
I'd suggest Pacific Dive up on the west side for rentals.

Make sure you consider travel time in your plans for diving. Staying in Kaanapali and diving out of Kihei is going to mean a minimum 45 minute drive (more likely 60+ to the boat ramp) that can increase dramatically depending on traffic.

B&B is an extremely early departure, so you're going to be doing this drive in the dark, likely before Starbucks opens. :(

B&B leave at 5:45 about give or take 5 mins and they get to MOLO 1st so worth the Trip if you are serious about diving...
Means you should leave at 4:30 to get there plenty of Time..which sounds early but remember TIME CHANGE....so later for you...
Aloha Mark.

B&B leave at 5:45 about give or take 5 mins and they get to MOLO 1st so worth the Trip if you are serious about diving...
Means you should leave at 4:30 to get there plenty of Time..which sounds early but remember TIME CHANGE....so later for you...
Aloha Mark.
Being there first isn't always the best.

It means that if conditions suck, you're the one reporting it to the other boats... and it also means that you might just be starting the dive in the dark / dusk hours.

Truly, the best *diving* at Molokini is done closer to noon when the sun is overhead and able to illuminate better. But the surface conditions get dicey around the same time, so that creates a dilemma.

I love getting there early and I've never had to start a dive in dusk like conditions with B&B. I like getting into the water first, getting first choice of a buoy and not having to share the site with cattle boats :) I

Thanks again for the insight. Molo was where I first snorkeled so it would be nede to go back and ive there.

Mahalo!! (spelling ok??!!)

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom